Here's what I'm seeing I need for 1st round updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
I posted this at the Apple site too, so hopefully somebody's peeking in, but my guess it that someone on the inside probably has these on the short list too:

-synching to notes so I can upload shopping lists and such

-RULES FOR MAIL... I don't appear to be able to filter junk mail, or stop a 10 meg attachment that I'd prefer to open at home on my desktop.

-different sounds for who's calling in. I don't want to rush and find my phone if it's somebody I can call later knowing it's not important.

-copy/paste.

-Louder. If I'm driving with the top down I can't hear the phone at all...

-Flash support.

-Games (even just one-even my Nano has a game for chrissake), for when I'm bored at the airport or waiting for my car to warm up...crosswords and Sudoku would just about do me fine, or one of those millions of tetris type games like on my Treo-or NANO.

-since video is such a big deal, the camera should record short clips as well.

-Fix the heat problem. This thing gets hot after about 10 minutes on the phone (could be just when plugged in, but I haven't been on the phone for a long time otherwise). I know I can use earphones, bluetooth, etc, but sometimes I just like talking ON the phone, or forget all the other little gadgets that go along with my gadget.

-make it so that you can power AND sync from the cradle. I just woke up this morning to find that my phone didn't charge overnight.. because I shut off my computer! I like to try and save energy and this won't help.

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
http://sudoku.myiPhone.pl/ <- sudoku for the phone

also my iPhone doesn't seem to get hot like everyone is saying theres does. just thought id share (and ive been using it none stop)
thanks for the game tip! It's possible mine only gets hot when charging.

NOTE--anyone trying to charge overnight via USB-you have to keep your computer on... kinda stinks because I like to save that energy overnight-and just saw this on the Apple site now and was planning on heading out but have to wait for my phone now....

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
-make it so that you can power AND sync from the cradle. I just woke up this morning to find that my phone didn't charge overnight.. because I shut off my computer! I like to try and save energy and this won't help.[/QUOTE]

Hi. It does power from the cradle/cable. You just have to have your computer running.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I would be happy with just a fix of the bigs im dealing with you know . None of my emails send it is strange so sometimes they do most of the time they do not work

timaging

Jun 5, 2007
I would be happy with just a fix of the bigs im dealing with you know . None of my emails send it is strange so sometimes they do most of the time they do not work
I am finding that keyboard recognition can come and go. They say that one of the features is fixing words like don't and you're, but if I mess up and go back, it doesn't fix it for me. I find too that If I want to do some alternate spelling, it really forces me to do something I don't want and I have to correct it a bunch of times

Dave

mkaiser

Jun 16, 2007
Select multiple items in a list

Let's say you have 50 emails in your Inbox and you'd like to delete them. I'd either like a specific function to delete all emails or, better yet, some sort of generic function to select multiples.

You can't now because (I guess) there is no click and drag for lists--now that flinging happens.

chrisaka

Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, it is kind of annoying. You can hit edit and then hit the red dot and delete for each message, but it ends up taking about the same time as opening a message and hitting delete for each one. The Mail app needs the most work, in my opinion. Definitely needs better attachment functionality.

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Let's say you have 50 emails in your Inbox and you'd like to delete them. I'd either like a specific function to delete all emails or, better yet, some sort of generic function to select multiples.

You can't now because (I guess) there is no click and drag for lists--now that flinging happens.

They could do that still with an firmware update I think. Have like a finger movement added that involves two anchor fingers, and one dragging finger to act as a multi-selection box, thus allowing you to select multiple e-mails.

Also, just a quick aside to timaging: according to a family member who has worked very closely with computers his entire life, powering up a computer uses the nearly the same amount of power that your computer would use idling for 12 hours.

Grotius

Jul 1, 2007
I'd also like rules for e-mail. Also, can we create custom e-mail folders?

One tip: you can delete an email by brushing it in a rightward direction; that will bring up a delete button.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I would like to see Profiles. In the simplest fashion, it functions like this:
If the time corresponds to during one of your scheduled calendar events, it automatically puts the phone on to silent/vibrate for everything. Then at the end of the time you specified, it asks you if you want to resume your regular settings. If you don't respond, it keeps things quiet for an additional hour then resumes your normal settings on it's own.

I also would like for some way to specify a time during which if the iPhone is asleep, it will not check for email. For instance, during the work day I want the phone to check every 15 minutes. When I'm asleep at night, there's no need for it to run the battery down by checking email. (I don't know if I can power down the iPhone and it still respond to an incoming call... i doubt it.) For that matter, perhaps make it so that WiFi is automatically turned off too while sleeping if that helps with power.

Also it could be nice if the iPhone could organize your contacts by the Smart Groups you specified in the OSX Address Book.