Heroes

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Just started watching season 1 on netflix. Pretty impressed so far... kinda reminds me of Lost, only much better.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The first and second seasons of Heroes is amazing. I think it dropped a bit in the current season but I still enjoy it. Unlike LOST. Season 1 was great and 2 was okay, but after that? No thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the only problem i have with it is that getting into the middle of the season, there are LONG periods of absence by various characters... I like the idea of a lot of different stories dovetailing, but it seems there are just too many things going on for them to create a decent story in 45 minutes while fitting all of the characters in every episode.

i can't imagine what it would have been like to watch this show with a week in-between episodes... i'd have forgotten nearly everything that happened two weeks before.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I like heroes love lost and lost is the best show on tv and heroes is 2nd. Season one of heroes was kick ass I loved it. The new season is not as good YET this next ep is going to crazy! Can't wait!

H

Hayesimus

Firstly. LOST is for a more cerebral crowd it seems. you know the types. People with sophisticated tastes and impecable judgment. But as I've said before, don't worry hippo, there's bound to be a spongebob marathon this week. :p

That being said, Season 1 of heroes was just so amazing. Each episode kept building to this magnificent crescendo and in the end, i really wasn't sure what was going to happen! It was solid all the way through. Season 2? ATROCIOUS! I don't know how you can say that it was good along with season 1, binks. Listing them in the same category implies they are of equal caliber and that is offensive to season 1. Season 3 is better that season 2 but not as good as season 1. But its not over yet. I really enjoy this season. Seeing people thrown out of their established norms and making choices that go against everything they've previously stood for... and well... the recent SYLAR revival! I enjoyed that immensely...

still, though. lost is better...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, at the time i made this thread, i was in the middle of season 1... which was very good. Very cohesive, and well thought-out. Season 2 & 3 i haven't liked nearly as much... too many character changes, plot trees that end for no reason, and WAY too many people killed that are... wait for it... not really dead.

H

Hayesimus

spoiler alert!

yeah. so. i'm still not sure what to think of the whole claire and hiro being the catalyst thing. i mean what was sylar saying she was special for if it wasn't her?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
spoiler alert!

yeah. so. i'm still not sure what to think of the whole claire and hiro being the catalyst thing. i mean what was sylar saying she was special for if it wasn't her?
It was her, but they went back in time and changed it. But at that point in time, it was her. Then it was Hiro, but Arthur took it from him. Now Arthur is "dead." We know hes dead because we saw the "light" come out of him. This means, that no other Hero can be created. Unless of course, there is a plot twist, which there always is.

H

Hayesimus

if they took it they stopped it from going to her in the past, that means they had done it all along. its a predestination paradox. It means she never had it to begin with. It was present-tense hiro all along. Meaning from the point his mother died to the point where he travels back in time NO ONE actually had the catalyst. At least, unless they reveal that somehow claire got some of it too. But no as it stands, claire wasn't it ever.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I thought that this was going to be "Hayes"esk thread asking EIC who are favorite heroes are and why. hahaha

I don't watch this show, maybe I will start. I always enjoy a new show to get addicted to.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
if they took it they stopped it from going to her in the past, that means they had done it all along. its a predestination paradox. It means she never had it to begin with. It was present-tense hiro all along. Meaning from the point his mother died to the point where he travels back in time NO ONE actually had the catalyst. At least, unless they reveal that somehow claire got some of it too. But no as it stands, claire wasn't it ever.

I don't think they play by those time travel rules in the show. If that is the case, Arthur would have always had it, he took it from Hiro shortly after his mother gave it to him.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Just watched the show briefly for a little bit last night and I did not know that Hayden Panettiere was in it. She is a cutie. I am going to start to watch this show.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If you have netflix, the whole series is available to watch instantly.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I fell way behind this season. I need to watch about 5 episodes before I even make it to the finale. Hopefully it will be worth it.

H

Hayesimus

I don't think they play by those time travel rules in the show. If that is the case, Arthur would have always had it, he took it from Hiro shortly after his mother gave it to him.
no... arthur traveled back in time to steal it from hiro. meaning as i said it never existed between the time roughly after hiro's mother died to the point where arthur is killed. Cheerleader never had it. If hiro and claire hadn't traveled back in time, then the baby would've been given the catalyst and thus history would have been altered and who knows what things would look like. Like I said, its a predestination paradox, meaning they were always intended to go back in time to "change" history. Not changing history would've affected their timeline.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
So what power do y'all think peter has? I know he can fly but it looked like he was moving very fast through the fire and didn't get burned. Also what about aundo how do y'all think his power will come into play after the super bowl? I have to say the new episodes are going to be crazy we will get to see everyones power in full force.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Well, i just saw the Finale, and i'm extremely annoyed. Now they're just getting lazy.

**SPOILERS** (highlight to read)

So when Hiro and Claire went back in time, how the HELL did Claire get back to the present? One episode, she was being held by her ignorant father 16 years ago (babysitting herself), and the next she's being held captive by Sylar in Primatech... meanwhile the only guy that can time travel lost his ability. WTF. And this whole "They're dead... but wait!" thing is getting REALLY old. How can a TV series hold you in suspense if you don't think Any of your favorite characters will ever die?

H

Hayesimus

Peter's dad sent Claire back to the future and I guess left Hiro in the past because he thought he was dead after throwing him off the roof of that building. Come on Hippo, I thought You could connect the dots better than this... :p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's too much for me. too sporadic. i can't handle it.

it must be written by women.