Heros has jumped the shark

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I knew it was bad after the season premiere, but I kept watching. It was really bad last night. A guy at work (who was really into the show last year like me) missed the first couple episodes, and he told me he could not even watch it!

The time travel, and good is bad and bad is good...Blah! On a side note: What happened to Peter looking for the Irish girl trapped in the future? I guess he doesn't care about her anymore?

If Nathan and Peter's mom was so involved in The Company, how come they let Sylar/Gabriel run around so crazy for so long?

The writers have totally ruined this show. :mad: I will watch anyway, I guess, since I like that show Life that comes on after.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I am so completely lost in this season. I am disappointed just like you guys =[ It was my favorite show other than the office and scrubs. now its too all over the place and it seems like they try to hard to make it really good but still end up making it bad

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I actually am enjoying Heroes this season.

It takes me all week to understand and then I get confused again....just like in the first season. I love that. It makes me come back for more.

People have to give the season a chance. It is always more confusing in the beginning....they have to build up to get to the climax....thats the way this show works.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I missed the episode yesterday (had a pointless exam last night at 8:20 PM, ugh) but the show seems to be deviating from when it seemed to be going in season one. I am not entirely satisfied this season but hopefully it will improve.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I actually am enjoying Heroes this season.

It takes me all week to understand and then I get confused again....just like in the first season. I love that. It makes me come back for more.

People have to give the season a chance. It is always more confusing in the beginning....they have to build up to get to the climax....thats the way this show works.
I see where you re coming from but last season I understood completely. This season, nothing. I'm pretty sure its the writers.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
they had to deviate....

they saved the cheerleader....and saved the world.

It was either deviate or the show was over.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Very true but it seems as if the stories they are using now are much weaker than in season one. I've also noticed how heavily Heroes is starting to resemble X-Men which I'm sure is inevitable given the nature of both of them, but using a guy that controls metal (Magneto anyone) seemed a bit weak.

I was very pleased to see them show just how Sylar gets his powers.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Very true but it seems as if the stories they are using now are much weaker than in season one. I've also noticed how heavily Heroes is starting to resemble X-Men which I'm sure is inevitable given the nature of both of them, but using a guy that controls metal (Magneto anyone) seemed a bit weak.

I was very pleased to see them show just how Sylar gets his powers.
Thats exactly whats happening.
Wheres the lazer shooting guy? lol

And yes that was a very interesting part.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
This is my opinion, and I am happy to discuss:

The show is confusing now not due to difficult to follow plot, but due to the characters not staying true to themselves. I may not be wording this correctly. For a show to remain believable, especially something way out there like this, each character has to keep his/her own true characteristics. I not talking about characters not being able to have problems, or sometimes be good or bad...

Like when you watch 24, you know Jack Bauer's character. Things he does maybe crazy, evil, or sometimes sympathetic, but they are believable because he is Jack Bauer. They have really messed with the character make-up of the characters on Heros and it does not sit well for me. Maybe different writers?

I am not an expert in writing, film, or literature, so maybe someone else here feels as I do and can word it better.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
This season is a complete 180 from the direction they were going.

It makes me sad, b/c I loved this show the first 2 seasons. Oh well....waiting for 24 now.....

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
This season is a complete 180 from the direction they were going.

It makes me sad, b/c I loved this show the first 2 seasons. Oh well....waiting for 24 now.....

ditto!.....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So glad I gave up early on this series. Maybe sometime I'll go back and watch the first two seasons.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The first two seasons really are incredible. It just seems as if the show has lost sight of what it sought out to do.

H

Hayesimus

Youngbinks, you are HALF right. First season was PHENOMENAL. Very engaging from beginning to end. The second season however... was awkward and rushed. I was VERY disappointed. The possible outbreak was a very interesting possibility and it was downplayed so drastically. It was WAY less dramatic than it coulda been. But i have to disagree with EVERYONE it seems except for Daisy(Flwrpwr) This season already has me hooked. The thought of everyone having abilities in the near future and Sylar somehow finding peace were great ideas. And the scene with his son was very effective. It showed how much he cared. How human he became and in the end it destroyed him(or did it?)

Regardless, this season is already light years ahead of season 2. Of course everyone seems to be going astray. Can any of you say you are IDENTICAL to the person you were years ago? People change, that isn't really bad writing, its just a different direction.

The only one that I've had an issue with so far is how Hiro has been treating his best friend based on a completely out of context view of the future. For all he knows Ando is the good guy and he is the bad guy in that future. But anway. I'm still gonna watch. Just to find out what happens.

edit: wow, i didn't realize how long that post was gonna be! :p

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
The whole point of this Volume is "Villians." The idea that the lines between good and evil blur. You don't know who the villains are and who arent.

I think most people are upset about Peter and Claire. But who's to say that Peter is the villain....or that Claire is. We don't know enough to figure out which one it truly is. What has brought on these changes? That's what we need to watch to find out. It reminds me of Star Wars and the transformation of Anakin. While he is the "villain" of the story....when you see his transformation to Darth Vader it's hard to see him that way. They blurred the lines. He only went to the dark side to save people. He truly believed he was doing the right thing. It's the same here. And I think thats the point they're trying to make. As humans, we try to see things very black and white, yet most things are gray. Why does someone become a villain? Because they believe they are doing the right thing. EXCEPT for the people on level 5....they are clearly villains.

Look at Mohinder....He becomes a sort of monster in the future, yet....he hides himself, which clearly leaves him as a non-villain.

Think about if you had abilities....as a human (not a superhero). If you were required to save the world on a regular basis, you might become slightly jaded as well. And then, if people had abilities and weren't trying to save the world, but just using them for personal gain, that could make you even more jaded. 4 years of saving the world is a long time of taking care of people who really don't care.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yay for The Office having an OUTSTANDING season premiere and Heroes not!

i'm tired of people telling me it's the best show on television.