Hey Apple! You got 11 days left to update this software or there all comin back.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
If I could organize a worldwide return effort on July25 I would.
It's UNBELIEVABLE that this hyper-hyped product could be released as it is....
Are Apple hub-guys such yes-men they couldn't walk around with these things and say 'ya know, Stever, these things really aren't customer ready...not ready to deliver what's promised.'
Either way, when returning you will see one HELL of a fight (figuratively!) when asked to pay for a 2 weeks of service.
(btw, all the problems listed on the forums are the ones I've had....just had to return a businesss call quickly and had 'no service' foe a few minutes...and on and on.
ELEVEN DAYS, boys!

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
14 days no restocking fee.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
really? i didn't know that. all i was told was 30 days 20% restock fee. definently something to remember. Thanks

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
No I was told yesterday there is a restocking fee no matter what. They will cancel your service and refund your activation fee if you return it within 3 days however. The restocking fee is there no matter what. Plus 30 days at AT&T for retuning the phone and canceling the service. You pay for service for the time you have it. After that it's on YOU!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Are you sure because when I bought my v1 from AT&T I only had 14 days to return it with a restocking fee
The policy has been changed from 14 days to 30 days from what I have read on AT&T's site and told at the AT&T store. I have no idea why it would be any different at an Apple Store. Especially if the thing doesn't work.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I bought the 8GB on July 11th, I want the 16GB now. My AT&T store said they wouldn't have a 16GB for 21 days...so i just returned my 8GB today..there was a 10% stocking fee. You def have 30 days tho..but you always pay the restocking fee. I'm going to the Apple store tomorrow very very early to get my 16GB.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
It sounds like there is a lot of different information concerning restock fees here.
I doubt it. I think it's pretty clear there is a 10% restocking free regardless of how long you keep it (up to 30 days). I was told this directly at the AT&T store yesterday.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
I doubt it. I think it's pretty clear there is a 10% restocking free regardless of how long you keep it (up to 30 days). I was told this directly at the AT&T store yesterday.

I sould restate that I was inferring that there are a lot of different individuals on here receiving many different timelines and quotes for restock fees. Not that I was unsure about the policy.