Hey Cowboys fans....

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Cheers Tex :(

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, and that is just about the nadir of watching them for me. It was also the height of bizarro-land at one point: On one play Romo basically outranks Phillips and kicks the punting unit off the field. On the very next play Jason Witten passes to his best pal TO. Huh?

Think I'd rather be a freakin Lions fan today ...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Living in Texas almost my whole life, I never really liked the cowboys..perhaps it is roots to my parents raising me as Bills fans....perhaps it is b/c I saw how fair weathered cowboys fans were from the late 80's to the early 90's...then the late 90's again when the ship sank. Perhaps I just hate Jerry Jones that much....who knows.

All I know, is that I wouldn't want to be on your end of a perforamnce like that....especially with a season built upon high expectations and high level trades that went bust. I was an Eagles fan the day I moved to PHL. It just seemed right, and I love this town (best pro-sports town on earth).

I am sure it stings, as I know that kind of defeat is a hard pill to take. But, for now, I have to enjoy it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Looking more and more like Garret is responsible. As clueless as Wade looks on the sidelines, the offense is what failed. The defense actually improved once Wade took over the calls.

Someone has to pay. Jerry cannot bring back the same group. Former OL coach Tony Saprano going to the playoffs with his Dolphins. I'm guessing that was a big loss for Dallas, as they cannot block anyone when the blitz comes...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
oh gosh it was horrible to watch them play today... it was like romo was just throwing the game away
It's December/January...with a big game on the line...what did you really expect? He has shown nothing but failure in big game/playoff games like this one. CHOKE.

It is what I call "getting Romo'd".

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Looking more and more like Garret is responsible. As clueless as Wade looks on the sidelines, the offense is what failed. The defense actually improved once Wade took over the calls.

Someone has to pay. Jerry cannot bring back the same group. Former OL coach Tony Saprano going to the playoffs with his Dolphins. I'm guessing that was a big loss for Dallas, as they cannot block anyone when the blitz comes...
Sure, but firing anyone isn't going to help...hasn't helped Dallas for over 10 years....ain't going to help now.

It's just the way it's supposed to be. ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I am so stoked that Miami is going to the playoffs. What a turnaround. I'm still in shock. Tampa Bay losing was rough too. Crazy.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
The problem is Jerry Jones. If Jimmy Johnson was still the coach they'd still be winning superbowls. Jerry Jones thinks he's the coach and in reality he's one second from being Al Davis. Jesus, he ran Parcells off. If that doesn't tell you anything...
Growing up with Tex Schram and Tom Landry, this is an abomination. Disgusting. Jerry Jones is 100% responsible for this mess and there is NO HOPE as a Cowboy fan as long as that egotistical ********* has anything to do with on-the-field operations.
A complete shame. Makes me want to vomit.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
By the way I hate you!

I know.......but, admit it...if the Eagles were in the situation the 'Girls were in (over-hyped season predictions, high profile trades, top level contracts in place......) only to blow it in the fashion they have this season, and especially in that game, you would be all over it.

Anyway, at least it is a 3-day work week, right? And, 2008 is almost over and you can put it all behind you.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I know.......but, admit it...if the Eagles were in the situation the 'Girls were in (over-hyped season predictions, high profile trades, top level contracts in place......) only to blow it in the fashion they have this season, and especially in that game, you would be all over it.

Anyway, at least it is a 3-day work week, right? And, 2008 is almost over and you can put it all behind you.
actually a 4 day work week. I gotta work Friday while my wife is at home watching the Cotton Bowl...go figure. I love every chance I get to see the Red Raiders lose and I'm not gonna be there to see Ole Miss spank them. I've had to listen to my wife (Tech Alum) all season running her mouth...ugh

Yeah, I would be all over you about the Eagles-all in good fun of course. I just don't understand how this team fell flat on their face like that. Losing in Philly is nothing to be ashamed of. But to lose in that fashion in a game with the implications that one had tells me many things about the Cowboys. First, they didn't deserve the playoffs. They have no heart. Period. Second, the coaching staff is atrocious. All season, too many penalties, blunders, turnovers, etc. The lack of focus and discipline they have makes it evident that the coaches are not right for this team. Flozell Adams is fat, lazy, and needs to retire or go graze the pastures in Detroit if he wants to continue to play the way he is. We got raped in the Roy Williams trade. He repeatedly runs incorrect routs and it was obvious on the interception that Romo threw. Romo, as talented as he is, has to protect the damn ball! He needs a coach that is going to discipline him for those mental errors instead of treating him like a superstar. Pacman Jones is still an idiot and needs to go somewhere else, I'm thinking like the movie The Longest Yard here. Marion Barber is the team's best player and my favorite next to D-Ware, but I question his heart. A game like this I would want the ball ever play.

The good things about this season. The defense (for the most part). Injuries killed them early. They improved quite a bit as the season went on except for the Philly game. The D-line is great, Newman is very good, and Brady James, Anthony Spencer, Zach Thomas and Greg Ellis give them a very good linebacker corps. They have to cut loose Roy Williams (the OU version) and replace him with someone who won't get burned everytime it's thrown his way. Anthony Henry needs to go (or convert to safety) and let Orlando Scandrick get some experience.

Sorry for the long rambling post, still very, very upset. Oh well at least the Stars are playing better and might just have a run at the playoffs in them after a horrible start.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Cheers Tex :(

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, and that is just about the nadir of watching them for me. It was also the height of bizarro-land at one point: On one play Romo basically outranks Phillips and kicks the punting unit off the field. On the very next play Jason Witten passes to his best pal TO. Huh?

Think I'd rather be a freakin Lions fan today ...

No way man. It could never, ever be that bad.

Even in 89 we got 1-15. I imagine a Lions fan would love to have that 1 win right now :D

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just hope we don't have more of the same in 09'. No more excuses. No more offensive schemes that do not work. No more false starts. No more leading the league in penalties. I'm hoping this knocks the sense of entitlement of them.

I'd like to see a new O-line coach and I think I'm about done with Garret. If he's the heir apparent, we're in trouble.

Jerry, get the jet. Go to Jersey and interview Steve Spagnola.

Well, at least I shouldn't have trouble getting tickets for next year.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
No way man. It could never, ever be that bad.

Even in 89 we got 1-15. I imagine a Lions fan would love to have that 1 win right now :D
And it was against the Redskins, so it was even sweeter.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I just hope we don't have more of the same in 09'. No more excuses. No more offensive schemes that do not work. No more false starts. No more leading the league in penalties. I'm hoping this knocks the sense of entitlement of them.

I'd like to see a new O-line coach and I think I'm about done with Garret. If he's the heir apparent, we're in trouble.

Jerry, get the jet. Go to Jersey and interview Steve Spagnola.

Well, at least I shouldn't have trouble getting tickets for next year.
There are two names out there I love.

Bill Cowher
Mike Holmgren

In a dream world, Bill Cowher as head coach, Holmgren as offensive coordinator.

I know it'd never happen but a guy can dream. Holmgren's name has popped up in talks about the Cowboys if they fire Phillips. I don't trust Jerry when he says Phillips will still be the head coach. If a top flight coach is available Jerry will consider it. One thing you can't deny about Jerry, he wants to win as much as anybody.

I'd love to keep Wade as defensive coordinator if he'd accept a demotion.