Hey Just Got My iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 28, 2007
Long Island
Hey I just got my iPhone. I will be activating it tomorrow night when my old contract expires. Since I will be transferring my number I was just wondering besides the old account number what other personal information is needed to be given for the porting of the number. Since my old contract is under my mom's name and she wont be with me when i activate my phone i was wondering what information is needed so i can get it all ahead of time.

Thanks.

Darth Veneficus

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
She will need to call ahead to your current provider and add your name to the account to allow you to initiate any account changes. Also if there is a pass code on the account you will need that as well, possibly the lsst 4 of your mothers social.

Jun 28, 2007
Long Island
She will need to call ahead to your current provider and add your name to the account to allow you to initiate any account changes. Also if there is a pass code on the account you will need that as well, possibly the lsst 4 of your mothers social.
Thanks It doesn't Matter if my name is under the account b/c she will still be getting the bill and i will have her get my name on the account after i change to AT&T. thanks.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
all i needed was last 4 of my dads ss# other thqn that just normal info like whats your old number. It took me less than 1 minite to activate my iPhone to replace my old att phone

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I had a family plan with att and I bought the iPhone. My name is nowhere on the account and it was probably the easiest switch i could imagine.