Hey Siri not working

amcmaster

Oct 11, 2014
I have been trying to get the "hey siri" to work. I have the buttons on in settings, under power and it worked once after many attempts. I have continued for two weeks trying it without success and looking for answers. Has anyone else have this problem?

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Are you using a genuine apple power cord? My hey siri works with a apple cord but not my daughters generic cord.
Tom

amcmaster

Oct 11, 2014
Yes. The lightning power cord that came with my iPhone 6. It worked just once after repeating "hey siri" a few times within a a few second. Hasn't worked every multiple time i tried. Not that I will use it much. It just bugs me that no one else seems to have this. I have searched this subject on other boards and no one with all the correct settings have this problem.

Other apps that can use voice to text work fine, thinking that it was mic problem.

Last edited:

RPMSTL

Bronze
Jun 22, 2009
I was having a problem with Hey Siri as well. Try rebooting the device by holding the home and power button down till the Apple shows up.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have the opposite problem. Mine works too well. It's always going off when I don't want it to. The other day, I got in my car and connected my phone while my sister was telling me about a phone call she had gotten earlier that day regarding a dog she was selling on craigslist. She didn't use the words Hey Siri, but it's too sensitive and the words I'm sorry were close enough for Apple, so it activated it started responding to her. She said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry. I know you are offering me more money, but I am going to sell him to the people I already promised him to and I think he will be really happy with them." This is what popped up on my screen:

IMG_0431.JPG

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Siri works really well for me. Call me lazy, but I like to use it to set my alarm clock. "Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6am". Or if I change my mind, "Hey Siri", change my alarm to 7am." Other than using her for an alarm clock, I don't need her assistance.