Hey Siri not working

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Siri works really well for me. Call me lazy, but I like to use it to set my alarm clock. "Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6am". Or if I change my mind, "Hey Siri", change my alarm to 7am." Other than using her for an alarm clock, I don't need her assistance.
I wish she would accept my marriage proposal.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
Siri works really well for me. Call me lazy, but I like to use it to set my alarm clock. "Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6am". Or if I change my mind, "Hey Siri", change my alarm to 7am." Other than using her for an alarm clock, I don't need her assistance.
Yeah good as a cooking timer too. She's got an attitude about it though. "The suspense is killing me" she said last time!

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Yeah good as a cooking timer too. She's got an attitude about it though. "The suspense is killing me" she said last time!
She always has an attitude. I'm sure she doesn't like being told what to do. I'd never thought to use her as a cooking timer but it would be faster than setting the microwave.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Why can't that get hey Siri to work without it being charged like when I'm out we should be able to say hey Siri when you lift the phone up to face hight.

JanL

Bronze
Aug 26, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Mine went off the other day and it was not on the power cord. I had it on my desk and work and was talking to co-worker and it went off. It got a good laugh at the office.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I had a Siri incident today. I'm in class talking about Siri and how you can set the alarm so I get this idea to show my classmates how Siri works. I say to Siri "Delete alarms set at 7am". Siri says "Do you want me to delete all your alarms". I say "Yes". and then it is too late before I realize I just deleted every one of my preset alarms in the phone. Siri says "All your alarms have been deleted". The lesson to be learned is not to trust Siri.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I had a Siri incident today. I'm in class talking about Siri and how you can set the alarm so I get this idea to show my classmates how Siri works. I say to Siri "Delete alarms set at 7am". Siri says "Do you want me to delete all your alarms". I say "Yes". and then it is too late before I realize I just deleted every one of my preset alarms in the phone. Siri says "All your alarms have been deleted". The lesson to be learned is not to trust Siri.
Why would you have more than one alarm set for the exact same minute (7:00 am)? ;) Since you said alarms and not alarm, it makes sense that it would ask if you wanted to delete them all. And you did confirm that all of them should be deleted.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Why would you have more than one alarm set for the exact same minute (7:00 am)? ;) Since you said alarms and not alarm, it makes sense that it would ask if you wanted to delete them all. And you did confirm that all of them should be deleted.
I should have confirmed that is not what I wanted. I tend to not remember what alarms I have set and so I had one at 5am, 5:30am, 6:00am, two at 7am, and 8am.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I agree!!! What's up with that?
Battery saving. When the phone is plugged in battery doesn't become an issue. Also if it's always listening it would probably be turning on while in your pocket or purse.