Hey, Upgrading to 1.1.2, need some help.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
For the love of all things Apple, there are 100 threads on 1.1.2 already. How about using the search button for goodness sake.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok, i have a hacked version 1.1.1 whats the best way I can upgrade without messing up my phone again?
1. Are u unlocked? If you are then do not attempt to upgrade!

answer that first before we go on as I don't wanna see you mess up your phone by trying.

Aug 1, 2007
1. Are u unlocked? If you are then do not attempt to upgrade!

answer that first before we go on as I don't wanna see you mess up your phone by trying.
Haven't touched any unlock software on it. And to the dude above, you have no idea what I went through, im confirming it myself. I didn't have a phone even when it wasn't unlocked in the first place for over a month, so shut your face.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Haven't touched any unlock software on it. And to the dude above, you have no idea what I went through, im confirming it myself. I didn't have a phone even when it wasn't unlocked in the first place for over a month, so shut your face.
OK OK no need to resort to flaming

you can find everything u need here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

remember if you don't have the update in iTunes download the update and save to your desktop or anywhere u can find it...
after prepping your iPhone with Oktoprep (shift + click) update (not restore) and navigate to your 1.1.2 update wherever you saved it...
then run the jailbreak good luck.

edit I don't think he was bitching to me but to the person above me.. i hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2007
OK OK no need to resort to flaming

you can find everything u need here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

remember if you don't have the update in iTunes download the update and save to your desktop or anywhere u can find it...
after prepping your iPhone with Oktoprep (shift + click) update (not restore) and navigate to your 1.1.2 update wherever you saved it...
then run the jailbreak good luck.

edit I don't think he was bitching to me but to the person above me.. i hope.
Yeah I was lol. ChrisHyde I think, no not you, and thanks a lot Faseone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2007
Also, I don't care about modding it, I just want it at 1.1.2 is what I was talking about :-P. I'll mod it later, nothing too great has been out for it yet. But yeah, I just want a simple fresh 1.1.2 with no hacks at the moment.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Also, I don't care about modding it, I just want it at 1.1.2 is what I was talking about :-P. I'll mod it later, nothing too great has been out for it yet. But yeah, I just want a simple fresh 1.1.2 with no hacks at the moment.
well if u plan on modding later at least update with the prep so u can jailbreak later on... and just go the extra step and jailbreak youll only have installer on there you don't have to install anything.

Aug 1, 2007
Well I like that hacks and all, Just I went through a lot, to get my phone back after a month, like almost everyday of arguing with Apple for a few hours a day after i got off work to get my phone fixed because it had no service.. So i'd prefer not any hacks at the moment, is there a way to do that without screwing up my phone?

Chris Hyde

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
LOL! Just learn to use the search feature. I mean heck, you don't even need to use the search feature on this topic because the first 8 threads in each section are about 1.1.2.

Amazing.