Hi My Name Is ? And I'm Addicted To Mobile Technology.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Greetings Forum Members,
I thought this would be a fun yet serious thread to post. Hi my name is Mark and I'm addicted to mobile technology. I currently own two BlackBerry's, An iPhone, a Nextel, and a Sprint data card. Yes that means Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile (the T stands for terrible service:mad:), Nextel and
Verizon. I often ask myself am I crazy. The answer has to be yes.

In the last year I have had The HTC G1, The HTC Mogul, The HTC Touch Pro, The Palm 750P, The V9 Razor, The HTC Diamond, The HTC Pro and The Instinct. I won't even mention my additional technology purchases not related to mobility. Everytime something new comes out I tell myself I am not going to buy that. Next thing I know it's in my hand and I'm checking out all the hot features. I guess there could be a lot worst addictions. I do realize that any addiction is not good.

If you are a mobile technology addict. This is your chance to stand up and introduce yourself to the forum (first names only). You may also share your devices and circumstances of your addiction. Hopefully together we can kick this habit by finding strength in one another. Mark

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
well, im not saying my real name, but i think im a bit of a mobile addict myslef. i have an iPhone 3g (obviously) jb and unlocked. and a blackberry curve (work phone) both AT&T and im currently thinking of getting an Android phone. i already have the sim card and phone number that the Android will use.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
well, im not saying my real name, but i think im a bit of a mobile addict myslef. i have an iPhone 3g (obviously) jb and unlocked. and a blackberry curve (work phone) both AT&T and im currently thinking of getting an Android phone. i already have the sim card and phone number that the Android will use.
Good luck with the G1. I forgot to mention it above but I had one. Compared to the iPhone or a BlackBerry it is a childs toy.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
My name is styfle and I am addicted to technology in general.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Good luck with the G1. I forgot to mention it above but I had one. Compared to the iPhone or a BlackBerry it is a childs toy.
I never said I was getting the G1, im waiting to see what other Android phones they come out with. I don't really like the HTC dream hardware, and im far more impressed with the HTC magic, so ill try to see if i could possibly get my hands on one of those when they come out. and many other companies are coming out with their own Android phone this year, so ill have to wait and see.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
My name is Larry, and I clearly fit the bill of a tech junkie. I have an iPhone 3G, iPhone (V1), and Blackberry Storm. My current goal in life is to have more phones than fingers. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hi, my name is Mindi, and I'm a BestBuy addict.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I'm addicted to Technology of all types and have no desire to be cured.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My name is Hawk (yes really), and I am addicted to technology. I had the v1 iPhone, and now the 3G.
I had a nokia 6620 that had just about every trick and feature on it. I waited patiently for something lightyears beyond it, and now I have the 3G, which will be obsolete in 2 years due to how fast tech is advancing.
I build my own PC's, scrounge tech to build other things.
I am addicted to gagets.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Good to hear from you again, Mark. I, too, love technology. I have the 3G, before that the v1, I also have a custom-built-by-me PC (I've built 22 PC's), an iMac, a Macbook, one of those cool Harmony remote controls, and I wish I had more. I, too, need help. And more money to buy more tech.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
My name is Jeff...and I'm a technology whore, when affordable.

Had an HTC Kaiser (aka ATT Tilt) before my iPhone and went crazy with installing ROMs. Just about a new ROM every week. I just wish the iPhone was as easy to update ROMs as the HTC was. :/

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
My name is Adam....i think i love my gadgets more than anything in the world! I don't want help! :)

p.s Mark...where ahve you been?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
@ Honda & Croucher,
Hello glad to see you both. I have been working on some photography books and photo stories that have taken a lot of my time. I've been looking in from time to time but haven't really posted. As the economy continues it's downward turn I've had to focus more of my minds resources on remaining profitable. I love to write about technology especially in this forum. The other task mentioned is far more pressing though. I appreciate you guys/girls thinking about me. :)

Everyday I wake up and think when is Palm going to launch the Pre. I cannot wait to get that device in my hand. I also am patiently awaiting the new iPhone. Unless some super hot item with the Android OS comes out. I don't think I'll be buying another Android phone. I just really wasn't impressed with Android's capabilities. All the hype surrounding the G1 built me up for a great device yet using it to me was just so so. Comparing any device to the iPhone gives that device the daunting task of keeping up anyway. Lastly I love my technology addiction and do not want to be cured either. Embracing technology to me is embracing forward movement in life. Mark

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Hi, my name is Adam and I am definitely addicted to gadgets and what nots. Can't stand to not have the latest toys :D

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my name is mark, and im there. i now just sit at school and browse forums and play with my phone and computer and such...i need help

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
My name is Dan and I'm addicted to technology. I have this problem however that since I am a poor college student I can't buy all the technology I want and am thereforee depressed. My suggestion to all of you addicts is to send checks paying my tuition thus making you poor so you can no longer afford the technology. It's the only sure way to cure the addiction :p