Hidden feature! Maybe unlocked in update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IceTrAiN

Bronze
Test this out...

Load up Safari, go to Google.com (make sure it's in classic mode, not mobile, as this is the only place i've been able to reproduce the effect)

after google is loaded, using your finger, touch and hold on the edge of the screen, almost near the silver rim. You should see the screen turn gray, and a little bubble pop up that says "Action". It seems to have no function at this point, although I suspect it may be designed for a future copy/paste feature... Has anyone else found this before?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Test this out...

Load up Safari, go to Google.com (make sure it's in classic mode, not mobile, as this is the only place i've been able to reproduce the effect)

after google is loaded, using your finger, touch and hold on the edge of the screen, almost near the silver rim. You should see the screen turn gray, and a little bubble pop up that says "Action". It seems to have no function at this point, although I suspect it may be designed for a future copy/paste feature... Has anyone else found this before?
Where on the edge of the screen? There are four sides. I can't seem to replicate this. Also, in vertical or horizontal mode?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Where on the edge of the screen? There are four sides. I can't seem to replicate this. Also, in vertical or horizontal mode?
I haven't found what he was originally posting about, but I did find the "hold over links" things....kinda neat. This phone continues to surprise me.

Also, I knew how to do this, but never knew how functional it actually was.
When you're typing something into a text input field, (Email, SMS, anything)
you can press and hold your finger down, and roll back through individual letters, instead of it clicking from whole word to word, like normal.

IceTrAiN

Bronze

Either the left or the right side, while in vertical.

And also, yes I know about holding over the link, but this is something entirely different due to the fact that it's NOT on a link but on the body of a page... Either it's set for future use, or it's a programming bug.