Hidden features/shortcuts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
ok so ive had an iPhone for about 2 months now and I love it, but im just wondering if their are any hidden features I have not found out about yet. or any shortcuts etc thanks ps I don't mod so please don't suggest anything that requires mods

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, in Safari you can tap the menu bat at the top to go to the top of the page you're viewing.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hold the home button for 6 seconds and that force quits a program, when texting and emailing hold a letter and there are options that pop up for that letter that let you do things such as [ñ and é]... try it...its cool.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Throw it really hard against a brick wall and a gold coin pops out!

:laugh2:

Not hidden, but buried: you can audit your account or even get to your AT&T account web page from within Prefs. I've found it handy.

-K

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
It took me a month to find out that that little blob on the headphone wire was a microphone, and that if you squeeze it once it pauses the ipod function, and double clicking it moves you on to the next track.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Throw it really hard against a brick wall and a gold coin pops out!

:laugh2:

Not hidden, but buried: you can audit your account or even get to your AT&T account web page from within Prefs. I've found it handy.

-K
this dude needed help... Be more specific, to get to what he is talking bout go to settings--> phone--> ATT services and there are all the account features.. This is a cool feature but I found it faster to access if you make that page a book mark in safari.. That is just me though

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
If you double tap the homebuyton, and iPod function pops out so you don't have to exit your program to switch songs. You can do it on the spot.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
ok so ive had an iPhone for about 2 months now and I love it, but im just wondering if their are any hidden features I have not found out about yet. or any shortcuts etc thanks ps I don't mod so please don't suggest anything that requires mods

When you are on the ipod and its showing album art while playing in portrait mode , you can swipe towards the right on album art and the list where the current song displays. Of course the other option is tapping the top left hand corner.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hold the home button for 6 seconds and that force quits a program, when texting and emailing hold a letter and there are options that pop up for that letter that let you do things such as [ñ and é]... try it...its cool.
I didn't know about that and it's very helpful when I write in French!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I didn't know about that and it's very helpful when I write in French!
I agree - I find switching keyboards a pain in the derrière because all the letters are in the wrong place. Having a UK keyboard with all the right characters available is one of the iPhone's best features. Apart from the scrolling, the zooming, and the sliding, the web browsing, the data, the email - that sort of thing.

eTEK

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
does anyone know if there is an alternate camera button?
or like if you can switch songs while in album artwork mode?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i do spanish texting and i found that to be useful and it helps to be able to write mañana rather then manana... and other such words...

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Holding the letter key when typing does not bring up any options for me. What am I missing?

I did discover tho while trying to solve this, that if you go into general settings and turn on more than one langauge for the keyboard, a "globe" icon will appear at the bottom of the keyboard that will allow you to toggle through the different langauge keyboards.