Hide/Remove 3G/Edge Icons From Status Bar

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
Can it be done? If so, how because I've tried a couple of things and I can't seem to figure it out.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
You coild try downloading blank icons for 3G and Edge etc.

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
That wouldn't work because blank apps are only made for the springboard I think, but I could be wrong. Hopefully somebody knows how to do it because I have seen screen shots of iPhones without their 3g or edge icons.

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
My phone is not with me at the moment but I will try that as soon as I can get to it because I left it in my friends car yesterday :( Where can I download it, through Cydia or Installer?

Chrscool8

Jan 26, 2009
It's a 'Featured' app on Installer at the moment. :)

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
I have SB Settings currently installed and from reading the features of Hood, it seems that it does almost the same things? Is one better than the other and would Hood really allow me to hide/remove my 3g/Edge icons completely from the status bar?

Chrscool8

Jan 26, 2009
I tried both tonight, both worked in removing the icons completely. So, I guess, if one doesn't work for you, try the other? I dunno.

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
You tried each one individually right? Did you notice any advantages/disadvantages for each of them?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You can delete the appropriate png files via SSH. I think they're in the Carrier Bundles folder, but I'll be damned if I can remember where that was and I'm not jailbroken currently. Hopefully someone else can fill in.

In lieu of that, a small amount of duct tape carefuly placed could serve in the interim.

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
Thanks Psylichon for the info, now hopefully somebody can remember what you seem to forget so I can get this taken care of haha. I appreiciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrscool8

Jan 26, 2009
Both of those apps did what they were supposed to do for me, and did it well. Also, I'm not sure where the icons are located, but I know EDGE is called Default_EDGE_ON.png. Maybe you can search? *shrugs*

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
I think you might be misunderstanding what I am trying to do here because I tried both of those as well and they did not do what I was looking for. I am trying to hide/remove the icons next to the signal bars and the AT&T carrier logo in the status bar at the top of the phone. The only thing that Hood accomplished for me was making color of the Edge icon a gray color when it was turned off. I guess I can search the folders via SSH to try and find the png files. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully I can get this figured out.

Chrscool8

Jan 26, 2009
No, I got you. For me, they totally disappeared from the status bar. Maybe your's is glitching?

Jan 21, 2009
Essex Fells, NJ
Hmm maybe I did something wrong then. If it's not too much trouble would you be able to give me like a step by step of what you did so I could try it again.

Chrscool8

Jan 26, 2009
I just installed it, slid my finger across the status bar, then once I touched the toggle buttons, they went away.