Hide the news stand icon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shaun

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Here's a little tip for those who don't want their news stand icon on the home screen. (Apple won't let you put it in a folder). Move the icon in between two icons on the same row. Drag the icon from the left across the news stand one onto the third. As a folder starts to form, quickly drag the news stand one in too. Voila the news stand icon is off the home screen.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
You can't open it from a folder, either. It'll cause a crash, kind of an inception thing, opening a folder from a folder....

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have not heard about or seen either a reboot or a sync causing the app to come out of the folder.
Day one of ios5 I know I had an issue keeping it in a folder but since that day I have not had an issue.
I can't remember where I had read it, thought it was here? None the less as long as it stays put, cool beans :D

Oct 3, 2009
Odd, wireless sync it stays in a folder. Wired sync it popped out. I just tested it to see if something had changed. I gave up putting it in a folder because it kept popping out. So I gave it another whack tonight.