Hiding outgoing number

karenatl

Feb 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

I currently have my 3G iPhone set to private name, private number, but there are times, like calling others in my group at work, when I want my number to show.

For these people, I have inserted *31# before their number, and it works, i.e., they can see it's me calling.

My problem is when I have to return calls to patients and don't want them having my phone number, but they 'don't receive blocked calls' - what do I do?

Surely, I'm not the first one with this problem! TIA,

Karen

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Either call your carrier with your question, or go to Settings>Phone>Show my Caller ID. That's the only thing I could think of (that's on the iPhone) that is related to your question.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

I currently have my 3G iPhone set to private name, private number, but there are times, like calling others in my group at work, when I want my number to show.

For these people, I have inserted *31# before their number, and it works, i.e., they can see it's me calling.

My problem is when I have to return calls to patients and don't want them having my phone number, but they 'don't receive blocked calls' - what do I do?

Surely, I'm not the first one with this problem! TIA,

Karen
Karen,

Have you considered getting a cheap (and small) phone and adding it as an innexpensive 2nd line to your plan? You could keep that phone off, and only use it for outgoing calls to people who do not accept calls from blocked numbers. It sounds like not returning their calls is not an option.

/Jim