Hiding Whatsapp Messenger and other apps from prying eyes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 3, 2011
Hey all, new to the Forums here. I have a new Verizon iPhone 4 and I would like to know if there is a way to in essense "Hide and App within an App" and hide my messenger application.

My phone is used for work and sometimes employees need to have access to my phone and I would like to be able to "hide" applications from their view. I downloaded IDiscreet and I love the concept but it only hides Images,Video and PDF type files.

Please help!

Thanks

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
SBSettings (available in Cydia) allows you to hide specific apps. Open SBSettings and tap the "more" button to open the settings menu and you'll see the hide apps option.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Sorry, forgot to mention that option is available only if you're jailbroken. I'm not sure if there's a way to hide apps on a stock device.

fithgear66

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
If your jailbroken, you can hide it in an folder in a folder in a folder. Or you can get Lockdown or Locktapus, both apps let you password protect your apps. Or use the default password lock for the lockscreen.

Maarouf.h

Mar 5, 2013
SBSettings (available in Cydia) allows you to hide specific apps. Open SBSettings and tap the "more" button to open the settings menu and you'll see the hide apps option.

How can I unhide whatsapp ? Thanks

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California

I also got this app from Cydia. Great app to hide personal files and apps. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're better off locking the apps than hiding them with SBSettings. Hidden apps on iOS 5 and lower could be opened via Spotlight. They are truly hidden on iOS 6 with SBSettings, but then you'll have to unhide them to open them yourself. So, if you use the SBSettings method, the person using your phone can unhide them and access them. It's not secure.

Instead, just lock the apps you don't want them using with Lockdown Pro. You can toggle all the apps you want locked right before you hand your phone over to them if you don't want them locked at all times. It's compatible with iOS 6.