Hiding Whatsapp Messenger and other apps from prying eyes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rkymtnracer, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Rkymtnracer

Rkymtnracer New Member

Hey all, new to the Forums here. I have a new Verizon iPhone 4 and I would like to know if there is a way to in essense "Hide and App within an App" and hide my messenger application.

My phone is used for work and sometimes employees need to have access to my phone and I would like to be able to "hide" applications from their view. I downloaded IDiscreet and I love the concept but it only hides Images,Video and PDF type files.

Please help!

Thanks

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

SBSettings (available in Cydia) allows you to hide specific apps. Open SBSettings and tap the "more" button to open the settings menu and you'll see the hide apps option.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Sorry, forgot to mention that option is available only if you're jailbroken. I'm not sure if there's a way to hide apps on a stock device.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. fithgear66

fithgear66 New Member
    Bronze

If your jailbroken, you can hide it in an folder in a folder in a folder. Or you can get Lockdown or Locktapus, both apps let you password protect your apps. Or use the default password lock for the lockscreen.

5. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Just put it under a folder and call it "Education", no one will go in there, and no need to jailbreak ;)

6. Maarouf.h

Maarouf.h New Member

How can I unhide whatsapp ? Thanks

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If you used the SBSettings method you simply do the opposite of what you did to hide it. What method did you use?

8. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I also got this app from Cydia. Great app to hide personal files and apps. :)

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're better off locking the apps than hiding them with SBSettings. Hidden apps on iOS 5 and lower could be opened via Spotlight. They are truly hidden on iOS 6 with SBSettings, but then you'll have to unhide them to open them yourself. So, if you use the SBSettings method, the person using your phone can unhide them and access them. It's not secure.

Instead, just lock the apps you don't want them using with Lockdown Pro. You can toggle all the apps you want locked right before you hand your phone over to them if you don't want them locked at all times. It's compatible with iOS 6.