HiFi cellphone transforms from handset to headphones

Divyesh

Jul 28, 2009
Digital point forum
LG announced its Design the Future competition winners, and among them was this Hi-Fi cellphone that doubles as a pair of headphones. Folded up, it's said to fit into a slot in a laptop, or maybe even your pocket. Unfolded, and it gives you a pair of stereo headphones.

So what do you think about this Hi-fi cellphone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo Lester

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
No thanks, horrible idea

Mo Lester

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
I just think it is a bad idea for a couple reasons. First, those headphones look horribly uncomfortable. Second, they will more than likely fall off with any physical activity > walking. Just looks like a step back in technology rather than a step forward.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the whole hi-fi experience "on the go" is doomed to failure. It's completely unnecessary. All of the detail preserved by this high-end equipment is lost in slightly noisy environments - that is what compression is for.

not to mention it looks like i could break it in half with my pinky.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It shouldn't be a cell phone. If it was just like an iPod or an MP3 player that you can wear as headphones and use a small remote controller to switch songs and stuff, that would be cool. Because I don't think anyone would just take it off their head and start talking to it, that would look stupid.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's a impressive concept, it would be nice to see a working model.

But,

I would never have it, neither would I wear it. It looks shocking. You'd look like a right idiot with that on your head.

I bet the battery lasts about 20mins, unless it's solar powered?