High speed edge Internet browsing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
k so just got my phone and first thing I did was get on safari via edge. And wow, its quick! Its not bad as what I've heard and seen on youtube. I mean its no DSL but its good.I've got full bars, I live in los angeles county california and my iPhone is empty as can be, I'm thinking that those might be the factors as to why I'm getting great internet speed. Yeah? So if that's the case, then I guess its safe to say that the more songs videos etc u load into your iPhone the slower your Internet browsing capabilities. Is this right? Thanks. also if i may add, a full 4gb iPhone would surf the Internet quicker as opposed to a full 8gb iPhone, correct? Please confirm, as these are only nooby observations I have made. Thanks again

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
The speed depends on the location you are in. I average about 144kbps with the iPhone. It is not fast and no where near my fiber optic speeds, but it is usable and still enjoyable.

- Garrett

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
The speed depends on the location you are in. I average about 144kbps with the iPhone. It is not fast and no where near my fiber optic speeds, but it is usable and still enjoyable.

- Garrett
enjoyable sounds like a million bucks to me. Does the edge signal have anything to do with the AT&T signal? Like if your getting a full bar on AT&T, does that mean you'll be getting excellent edge signal?

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
My Edge connection seems to be a tad faster than dial-up, sometimes. Other times it seems slower...

Am I missing something?

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
anybody know if there is a list of locations somewhere that lists what areas these locations are at? Just like how we know 3g is mostly in major cities etc.