Hint that Update will come shortly!

xer4492

Jun 29, 2007
i was recently(tuesday) looking at my weekly email from Apple on my iPhone, showing the new music released for the week and i just clicked on one of the music links, which on your computer would atomatically open iTunes and direct you to that product. Well when i opened this link on my iPhone it read as follows:
You need to update your devise's software in order to accesss the iTune's Store. Simply sync your device to your computer and click "Check for Update" and then click this iTune STore link again from your device when syncing is complete.

so obvisiously they're site is already capable of doing things for the upcoming update.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
i was recently(tuesday) looking at my weekly email from Apple on my iPhone, showing the new music released for the week and i just clicked on one of the music links, which on your computer would atomatically open iTunes and direct you to that product. Well when i opened this link on my iPhone it read as follows:
You need to update your devise's software in order to accesss the iTune's Store. Simply sync your device to your computer and click "Check for Update" and then click this iTune STore link again from your device when syncing is complete.

so obvisiously they're site is already capable of doing things for the upcoming update.
This was announced about 2 weeks ago, Gizmodo reported on it and I posted it.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
my phone did this over 2 weeks ago... why?-----because there is no iTunes "not a computer like the email was intended for"

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
my phone did this over 2 weeks ago... why?-----because there is no iTunes "not a computer like the email was intended for"
thats not what he was saying...he was saying that once we get the wifi store which will be soon you can look at those iTunes emails and click the link from an iPhone and it will take you to the wifi store..if near a wifi spot..

Jul 12, 2007
I noticed the same thing when I was using this radio app. (http://www.timbergeron.com/current/) It's actually pretty cool if you guys haven't stumbled across this yet.

You pick your city, it shows you a list of popular radio stations. You tap on the station you want. It shows you the last 5 songs played. You tap on the song and you want to know about and it gives you 3 options.

Email song info
iTunes WiFi Music Store (I assume to buy said song)
Lyrics

When you tap onthe music store link it give you the same message that you got stating you must update your software. This should be pretty cool once the WiFi store is up and running.