Hints at iPhone Copy and Paste in Firmware 2.1?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Hints at iPhone Copy and Paste in Firmware 2.1?

The new iPhone 2.1 Beta Firmware that was released to some iPhone developers yesterday has been found to have hints at an upcoming Copy and Paste feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I never really cared for the Copy and Paste feature......until I tried to upload a pic on my iPhone. I really hope this feature is implemented in the 2.1 Firmware :)

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I gotta admit I don't see a huge need for it, usually, and can kinda understand why Apple could have given it a low priority.

But...

When someone texts me their address and I have to memorize it or write it down so I can type it into the map function then I feel really 20th century.

And, although thankfully no one sends me MMS anymore since they know what phone I use, when u DO get those annoying references to viewmymessage.com and you have to transfer the codes manually ... damn. It's adding insult to injury.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
I gotta admit I don't see a huge need for it, usually, and can kinda understand why Apple could have given it a low priority.

But...

When someone texts me their address and I have to memorize it or write it down so I can type it into the map function then I feel really 20th century.

And, although thankfully no one sends me MMS anymore since they know what phone I use, when u DO get those annoying references to viewmymessage.com and you have to transfer the codes manually ... damn. It's adding insult to injury.
yes, the viewmymessage is one reason i would use c/p but i am a bad speller, and sometimes go into google to look up the word, and c/p would make it easyer to text
or when im in safari sometimes i need to c/p urls

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
how about getting a notification of your package being shipped. "Here is your tracking number, enter it here:..."
Copy paste would be very useful there.
And also for copying and saving a paragraph or phraze from the web.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
how about getting a notification of your package being shipped. "Here is your tracking number, enter it here:..."
Copy paste would be very useful there.
And also for copying and saving a paragraph or phraze from the web.
This is the only time I've felt a need for copy & paste. I got the tracing number for my MacBook and had to jot it down on a piece of paper and then input it into Apple's website.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I agree, there has been several times when I would have liked it. The other day I was signing up for Pandora Radio in the App store, it gave me a code to register at their website, what a pain. It would have been great to have it for these occasions, and the viewmymessage sucks to begin with having no MMS but not being able to copy and paste makes it worse.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I agree, there has been several times when I would have liked it. The other day I was signing up for Pandora Radio in the App store, it gave me a code to register at their website, what a pain. It would have been great to have it for these occasions, and the viewmymessage sucks to begin with having no MMS but not being able to copy and paste makes it worse.
Exactly! When are we going to see an app for MMS already?!