Hmm... I think I Killed It.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Welp, I just dropped my White 16GB 3G about 3 minutes ago, and I'm assuming I killed it. I can't reset it and I get nothing when I hook it up to my Computer. It was about a 4 Ft drop FLAT on it's Face, it didn't even bounce, just...SMACK! I saw a white screen when I picked up up, then it died.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Welp, I just dropped my White 16GB 3G about 3 minutes ago, and I'm assuming I killed it. I can't reset it and I get nothing when I hook it up to my Computer. It was about a 4 Ft drop FLAT on it's Face, it didn't even bounce, just...SMACK! I saw a white screen when I picked up up, then it died.
Wow, sorry to hear that. I remember the day I put my iPod in a cup of tea not paying attention to what I was doing. I watched in amazement as it slowly died. Not a good feeling at all. Maybe being honest with Apple and getting the right Apple rep might do you some good in maybe a reduced price replacement...Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
:-| You put your iPhone......in a cup of tea........?..........dude.........not cool!
Yes a large 32oz cup of unsweetened tea. It took like 5 minutes to die as I looked on in horror. My poor iPod was struggling to hold on but unfortunately succumbed to the drowning. Mark

ADDam,
Please let us know what the outcome is...Wish you the best...Mark

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I just talked to that Apple Store in my Mall, And they said that if they can't get it to turn on, I walk out with a Replacement. My appt is at 12:30 Monday.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Yes a large 32oz cup of unsweetened tea. It took like 5 minutes to die as I looked on in horror. My poor iPod was struggling to hold on but unfortunately succumbed to the drowning. Mark

ADDam,
Please let us know what the outcome is...Wish you the best...Mark
LMAO how exactly did that happen? i mean, what were you thinking! :p

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
LMAO how exactly did that happen? i mean, what were you thinking! :p
I was talking to someone on my patio and sat my ipod down thinking I was placing it on my bar. Unfortunately it slid off the higher section down to the lower section where my cup of tea was. I was so pissed because I had the white 5th Gen. I liked that model better than the current style so I have not yet replaced it. I just use my iPhone...Mark :mad:

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I did that same thing but in Lemonade, Luckily there was only about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the glass. My Speakers were a little muffled for a few hours until it dried out, then it worked perfect. The glass was in the cup holder in my truck, and my iPhone was about 2 days old, I couldn't believe my eyes.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
And also, If they can't get my phone to turn on, I'm assuming they will take my phone and give me a replacement. Will they have any way to access the info on my Phone? Like know if it was JB, and have access to my Emails, Texts, Ect?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
And also, If they can't get my phone to turn on, I'm assuming they will take my phone and give me a replacement. Will they have any way to access the info on my Phone? Like know if it was JB, and have access to my Emails, Texts, Ect?
Just hope it is truly dead because if it comes on and they see it's jailbroken. Well you know the rest of the story...Mark

Just think of the bright side though. At least it wasn't your Nikon...:laugh2:

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Just hope it is truly dead because if it comes on and they see it's jailbroken. Well you know the rest of the story...Mark

Just think of the bright side though. At least it wasn't your Nikon...:laugh2:
:mad: You just made shivers run down my spine!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I just talked to that Apple Store in my Mall, And they said that if they can't get it to turn on, I walk out with a Replacement. My appt is at 12:30 Monday.
You're quite lucky that is no sign of physical damage. I'm assuming the screen is still intact and not cracked?

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
No I Had my Incase Slider on it, there is not a scratch on it, and no cracks on the phone.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Do you think they will ask me if it was jailbroken? :p

I'll Have to give the look like, "Uhh, WTF does that mean?" hehe

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
They won't ask that. They'll just try to turn it on using the same methods you did and it won't work for them either. You'll be fine.

Just in case... were you themed?

MIM?

:)

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Oh, I was VERY Themed, From Custom Carrier Logo (not MiM), to Blank Homescreen icons, 5 Icon Dock.

Buuuut, I just connected my computer for the hell of it and HEY, it Synced. So technically it's on, and I restored it to factory settings just in case something crazy happens when a genius handles my phone. Screen still does not work :cool: