Hmmmm pro?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
was checking out the specs of the "new" 13'' macbook pro and other than a tad faster processor it seems to be damn near the exact same as my Alum body macbook i bought the day before Xmas

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
was checking out the specs of the "new" 13'' macbook pro and other than a tad faster processor it seems to be damn near the exact same as my Alum body macbook i bought the day before Xmas
I just got the "low-end" 13" MBP. i like it. I turned of the auto lighting and backlit keyboard. I'm getting around 5-6 hours battery life on it. I like the new keyboard, and the trackpad is much nicer than my Blackbook i had.

If you have a unibody, I don't think it'd be worth switching to.

computerfox

Zealot
Gold
Oct 2, 2009
New Jersey
www.abelgancsos.com
I just got the "low-end" 13" MBP. i like it. I turned of the auto lighting and backlit keyboard. I'm getting around 5-6 hours battery life on it. I like the new keyboard, and the trackpad is much nicer than my Blackbook i had.

If you have a unibody, I don't think it'd be worth switching to.
i think the new macbook pro 3g could be one of the most convenient macbooks because with the new trackpad you can control a lot more stuff. like you can jump from app to app by just using four fingers and you can do certain edits with pictures like rotating them and stuff.

also, like ramesh said that it has the potential for longer battery life. i usually get around 6 or 7 hours on mine.

but besides that there are no real differences between the old one and the new one, just some parts like ram and the hard drive. also the higher processor speed in the new ones and, what i think, a higher quality screen.

it's more expensive than the old ones, but you're paying for the quality. in other words it's fancy and a little bit faster. so if your old one works, i would say stick with it, unless you want to dish out at least 1100 dollars.

good luck and best wishes.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have an early '08 version MacBook Pro and I am in love with it so I'm pretty sure the MacBook Pro 3G is pretty great.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I was looking at the macbook and tonight looked at the macbook pro. from the tech specs on Apples site it looks like both are similar for the base model pro and the macbook. the main differences appear to be the case design and the backlit keypad.

I know the base pro has a smaller hard drive, but processor speed is the same.

if I compare Apples to Apples, 4gig ram, 2.26 processor speed, 320 gig hard drive, it appears to be about $250 difference, which imo, I think may be worth getting the pro over just the macbook. however, if I go to the 2.53 processor speed I think it is, it is about another $150 on top of that. Really, $150 that I don't have. Do you guys think that little extra speed is worth the extra money? In the windows world it really wouldn't be, so I am thinking it isn't. This would be my first mac though.

also, in another post I saw people mention ebay for the Apple care. I assume it is legit off ebay? anything I need to be worried about or just make sure it lists my model in the ebay add and is brand new?

I also saw in another post that someone referenced 1yr from the date of purchase to be able to buy the Apple care. Is this correct?