Hola friends, I get my phone tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by MuscleMommy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Hi everyone.

I haven't been in a long time. Cancer fighting is hard job sometimes <sigh>

Back to why I am posting. I am FiNALLY getting rid of my 3GS and going to a 5 tomorrow -Yay as a present for a milestone I reached personally in my fight.

Soooooooo as my new gift to myself what does my cafe Friends recommend as a good protector? Lifeproof? Or does it muffle sound too much? I do listen to music more when in treatments but obviously they make headphones.

I know everyone has an opionion in why is best but thought I would get your options here so I can see what is out and worth looking at. I have only really looked at a lifeproof case or otter box.

I hope my old buddies are doing well :) and sendin big smiles your way.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Good to hear you are still kicking and kicking cancers ass.

I got a simple case that protects the side and back. Also has a nice lip so I can put it face down. It's a Griffen. I love it. If you don't or haven't ever dropped your phone you don't need big and bulky armor like protection IMO.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have and will always love the Otterbox Defender case, however the issues I have delt with for the iPhone 5 case are minor but quite annoying.

I suggest a light inexpensive case, but one that will keep it protected, as Rugaby said above.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't remember you fighting cancer. Keep up the good fight!

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Was when you were on your sabbatical.
    I like that word.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And you even spelled it correctly. Wow. :D

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Auto correct. Lol
    I check everything I think you might see, read, and glance at. :)

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Congats on several levels. Enjoy your new toy.

9. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks all. I do have small kids that use my phone too so protection is a must for my. One reason my 3GS is still kicking it ;)

I have been fighting now over a year. I had it go I to brain and had brain surgery and rehabbing from that has been hard but I am getting closer to hearin NO EVIDENCE of DiSEASE very soooon :)

I do live on my iPad like crazy with games to keep me busy now time to get my phone back on the too of my goody list :)

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I love a challenge.

11. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Also is there a good arm band that you might recommend?! And a jam box or a box or an iPhone boom box thing. Any one better than other that you like? I listen to music a LOT as it helps keeps me grounded and my spirits lifted up. And of course you need to give me the skinny on headphones for tiny ears lol

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Glad to hear you're doing well. :)

The earbuds that come with the iPhone are redesigned and fit better, so be sure to test them out first.

I don't have one, but I've heard great things about the Jawbone Jambox. You can find it on Amazon for a little cheaper.

13. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks I didn't even think of the earbuds being redone. I had this very nice iPhone docking stero but I broke at chemo one day. So I am going to have to check out the jambox. A must have in our house is when you entire family would rather dance to clean or cook than have tv noise on lol.

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Hey glad to hear from you ! Makes my day !
    Glad to hear you getting to your miletones. We are proud of you!

Son got iPhone5 with LP case
    I just talked to Germany on his phone and no issues at all. This IMO is the best of all LP cases.

15. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Going from the 3GS to the iPhone 5 is a huge step up, you will love it. As far as the case is concerned, if you have little kids handling your phone, then protection over appearance would be my choice. Another option would be to keep the 3GS for the kids and the 5 for you. Pull the SIM card from the 3GS and the kids can have all the fun they want and keep Mommy's phone as being totally off limits. My grandson (aged 3) gets my hand-me-downs with a few games and kid related apps on it and I am amazed how quickly and easily he mastered it. He even figured out how to play his favorite music on it.

Glad to hear you are winning the fight. Brain cancer is no small challenge and I pray that you continue winning.

16. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks all and hi mutter :)

I got my new black shiny iPhone 5 :) Nd yes saved old ones and kids are loving it tonight. I also bought a black LP
    Case but have not attempted to place it on yet. Shopping wears ya out fast.

I love the phone and the graphics so I will have a nice time at chemo Friday. I do have an iPad but usually my chemo partner ends up watching a movie so will be nice to have the new phone this go around. :)

I will attempt my water proof case try tomorrow test thingy. I thought the LP would be best because well back and forth in hospitals things get spilled, dropped etc so I hope I like it. I like the feel of it when I opened the box. :)

17. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Good job kicking cancers butt! Welcome to the 5 world even the days ahead it will keep a smile on your face since it being a huge upgrade from the 3GS. You'll love the lifeproof case too! I take my phone everywhere now.. Jersey shore, rivers, shower, etc! And you can take underwater pics!

18. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

My LP case is on and I am ready to rock . Now I don't have to worry if my phone goes hurdling as I run to the toilet gods this weekend. Well not so much anyways. I am still am a nervous person when it comes to new Apple toys :D regardless of how protected they are lol. I guess that is why I had a 3GS so long

Which has fully died and is now completely out of commission. But it has seen me on many many dark days the last year and stuck it out for a long haul.