Holiday stress-grandfather ill

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
So, I am feeling a bit blue. My grandfather has been admitted to the hospital and now is in ICU. He got bacterial pnuemonia and his heart is not working well. They have him on antibiotics, steroids, fluids and oxygen. I feel badly for my Dad, who lost his Mom 6 years ago at this same time right before Christmas. And my Dad is getting ready to retire in about a month, and that is also stressing him out.

I know this is not as bad as other people have it at this time of year, but I thought posting would make me feel better, somehow.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I will have your grandfather and your family in my praeyers tonight and hope that everything will be okay. My grandfather recently had a fit with pnuemonia as well and he is still recovering from it. It's such a scary thing to have especially in the elderly.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks, Youngbinks and Colombianito. I appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers and vibes. I hope my grandfather pulls out of this one OK. He is weak, so it is hard for his heart to pump enough oxygen to his brain. I hope that he can come home for Christmas also and not be stuck in the hospital.

Youngbinks-I am glad that your grandfather ended up OK, also.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm really sorry to hear that kokogirl

i too will keep him in my prayers and hopefully he will be strong enough to attend christmas.

there's nothing like family to help someones recovery :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I too will have your family in my prayers.

I can relate to the situation as my mother was having a tumor on her brainstem removed this time last year. It made it very hard to be jolly around Christmas. She's back on her feet now, and we're all looking forward to a great Christmas this year.

It's a shame that these kinds of things happen around, what is truly, the most wonderful time of the year. I respect the fact that you posted about this on a forum, letting us all know. I sincerely hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas.

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks, iamtko and macmanpro (the original).

Macmanpro-I think the story of your mom brightens me a bit since everything ended up OK. I am glad that she pulled out fine! Thank you for sharing that with me.

I think posting here let me vent it out a little bit, like colombianito said. Everyones prayers/thoughts are appreciated. I am not very religious, but I do believe that good thoughts and prayers and postive energy are helpful to everyone (in any situation).

Thanks again to all!