HOLY CRAP: the MAC TABLET!

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
there are speculations that the mac tablet will be about 3-5 times bigger than the iPhone and have almost all the same capabilities touch screen wise but have a macbook layout for the screen and a webcam and all that good stuff. what does everyone else expect?
^this seems like a plausible guess

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
i really want a mac tablet , it looks really cool. It would be a pain to sell my , macbook pro though
:(

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
well. here's the thing lj23witness: there's rumors the macbooks/macbook pros are going to receive a great update in september...so you could sell yer macbook pro right before they announce it/the time they do before the price goes down and you have enough to pay for the new one. i would personally choose the new macbook pro over the mac tablet.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I wouldn't buy it. I need something to act as a desktop computer, and my MacBook does that and it's portable. As far as having a Mac with touch capabilities, I have my iPhone.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
well. here's the thing lj23witness: there's rumors the macbooks/macbook pros are going to receive a great update in september...so you could sell yer macbook pro right before they announce it/the time they do before the price goes down and you have enough to pay for the new one. i would personally choose the new macbook pro over the mac tablet.
thats good advice but I really like my macbook pro , I don't want to sell it right now, I don't know , I'll see what comes up

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
thats good advice but I really like my macbook pro , I don't want to sell it right now, I don't know , I'll see what comes up
yeah i think thats what im gonna do and if i happen to get the new macbook or macbook pro ill probably use this macbook pro im on now as my permanent stay at home computer that ill keep on my desk in my office or something because i mean, the new macbook isn't gonna much different from the one i have now. it has everything you would need: a webcam, fast processor, etc etc. ill bet the new macbooks have some kind of advanced multi touch capability somewhat like the iPhone :cool:

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Let's speculate:
How much will it cost?
At what price would you buy it?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The only way I see this being useful in the proposed form factor is if it's given the ability to run OS X Mobile software in parallel (think a multitasking iphone-based desktop, with the fallback being fixed-size windows of 480x320 so developers don't need to rewrite their apps)

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
I'm guessing the Pro will be from $2500 and the Macbook will be $1500-$1800. You never really know though because Apple is known for really putting on the price for new technology. Just look at the iPhone V1 ($600) and the MacBook Air ($1800). I would pay no more than $2800 for my Macbook Pro. Never really know what Steve is going to do though. :p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have had a Tablet PC in the past and while it may seem like a cool idea, it really is just novel. I thought I would use the writing feature all the time in lectures and such but I rarely did because I can type much faster than I write. I still use it from time to time but the novelty definitely wore off.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Yeah which is exactly why, now that I've had time to think about it, Apple is going to have to provide MORE than just the whole touch screen Tablet idea. I think they're going to integrate this idea into the new MacBooks. Ever since the death of the Newton, Steve has shied away from that kind of stuff. I would much rather have a MacBook with those capabilities than some tablet.