HOLY MOLY, Jobs pulled an Oprah!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Steve Jobs: Free iPhones for Apple employees

Jobs pulls an Oprah -- $12M in iPhones for all Apple employees

We imagine it went something like this: "Oh, and one more thing... a new iPhone for everyone." That's the result of the Apple town hall meeting which just let out. Let's see, a new 8GB iPhone for every Apple employee, both full-time and temporary. That's 17,787 plus another 2,399 (according to Wikipedia) or so for a grand total of $12,091,414 retail. A bit less since only those temps who have been with the company for a year qualify. Still, nice one Steve. Sure, we've seen you do it before, but man, that's a lot of dough. We're just wondering who's going to cover the 2 year service costs?

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0706freeiPhone.html
http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/jobs-pulls-an-oprah-12m-in-iphones-for-all-apple-employees/

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I was just about to start a thread asking what went on there. I had been waiting to hear all morning. Nice Find!
Wish i was an employee!

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Supposedly Oprah is wanting to give them out too... Watch out on her show MONDAY! I'm going to go be in the audience just in case!

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, that really must be a great place to work. The only thing is that this probably has to go on their taxes because it from their employer. There's a fine line if something is considered a gift. So it isn't completely free.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Smart man. Im a DJ. I giveaway tons of free cds just to generate customers who I charge. Hes a genius

detz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Well, not only is it good PR but how weird is it to have people using other products around the office?

jgh2k

Bronze
May 9, 2007
So Cal USA
what a cool thing to do!

there must be a lot of profit built into these phones huh?

it's ok they will pay for all of thoe employee phones by 6:03 tomorrow night