home button double tap

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
well, guys i need help...

i have my home button double tap set to show my phone... well, i installed that voicedial app, the one to use voice commands to make calls and so on...well, i didn't like it and so i uninstalled it but now my home button double tap does nothing...

and i just cant seem to be ale to find where it is that you make the changes for the double tap option, please keep in mind i do not have the voicedial app any longer..

i could have sworn it was in settings/general/home button....but for some reason it is just not there...

what do i do ? i tried restarting my phone, and no luck... i am afraid of restoring and ending up with 113..oh by the wasy , i am still in 112...

thank you !

OniKoroshi

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Settings -> General -> Home Button

If that doesn't work just restore it. 1.1.3 is great :cool:

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
well, my settings/general/homebutton is not there !

nooooooo....

help anyone... what can i do ? besides 113... can i safely restore on 112?

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
and it reasons like this that I don't jailbreak. Tip for the future, stop f&:mad:;&g with your phone, it works great.

rennyn

Bronze
If your Settings/General/Home Button (2nd option) is not there.. then as others have said not-quite-diplomatically: Modding your phone's software can cause issues. This is one of them. Others might have some suggestions for getting it back, but aside from that.. you might need to start from scratch and go back to old firmware and re-jailbreak and reload everything.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you have your heart set against restoring, there is an app you can install that will assign functions to the home-button. I've forgotten the name, but i'm sure someone else can help me out with that.

but jeez, you guys make it sound like modding is the devil's work. modders should, however, enter with the mindset that you will have to restore once in a while. part of the game, unfortunately.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
if you have your heart set against restoring, there is an app you can install that will assign functions to the home-button. I've forgotten the name, but i'm sure someone else can help me out with that.

but jeez, you guys make it sound like modding is the devil's work. modders should, however, enter with the mindset that you will have to restore once in a while. part of the game, unfortunately.
iPhoneHome is the app you're thinking of - not sure if it has a 1.1.3 version as yet though ...

rennyn

Bronze
I agree with you there, hence why my wording was different about the modding.

Unfortunately, I think, the iPhone has brought out a lot of different types of 'modders' than perhaps with some of the other less mainstream devices. So a lot of people are entering into this without the idea of having to backup/restore on a regular basis.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Unfortunately, I think, the iPhone has brought out a lot of different types of 'modders' than perhaps with some of the other less mainstream devices.
True, and that's largely because Apple has been silly or brilliant enough, depending on your point of view (I'll vote for silly), to try to prevent people from doing or installing just about anything personal with their iPhone. Pretty much every other mobile platform allows you to freely install programs on it, whereas with the iPhone we've been forced to wait all these months before we can do so, or look for ways around the closed system ...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
No real solution here. I would try the settings under the general for that button. If that does not work, see what apps you have on there and then do a restore and rebreak it. 1.1.3 is not that great, I would hold off on it until the SDK is released and there are options for all the stuff the phone is missing. With a little luck maybe that will be in around 2 months....