Home Button Issues............

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
So every couple of days, perhaps once a week, my home button will stop returning me to the home screen. I can hold it down for 10 seconds and force quit whatever app I am in, but it will not back me out of anything. Easy fix is to shut down the device and restart and everything is fine but this is highly annoying. Anyone experience this?

I am jailbroken, not sure if that is part of the problem or not.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Try and do a restore, the jailbreak may have messed that up.
Do a restore and use the phone as normal, if the home button doesn't give you problems then jailbreak and use like normal.
If you've restored and its giving you issues then take it to the Genius bar.

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
this happened to me before, i restored and or just shut the phone off and it seemed to work. but over the next couple of months it only got worse. i would just takeit to an Apple store. thats what i did

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
this happened to me before, i restored and or just shut the phone off and it seemed to work. but over the next couple of months it only got worse. i would just takeit to an Apple store. thats what i did

Uh oh. Noted with thanks. Did they replace it?

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
When I was at the Genius Bar Today (Macbook issue) -- I girl came up to the Bar with the same issue. The genius hit the button a couple of times and then exchanged it for her, very quickly I might add.