home button stuck

Nov 14, 2008
i have the iPhone 3g...ive had it since the launch day.

lately when i press the home button..it seems like its been stuck.and takes about a minute of continuous pressing until it finally goes "home".

at first i thought it was because i jailbroke my phone and it was just slow...but after a restore and update to 3.1, im finding its still lagging and it might be a problem with the button itself?

any ideas of how i can fix it, clean it, or alternative ways to get to the home screen?

thanks!

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY

lately when i press the home button..it seems like its been stuck.and takes about a minute of continuous pressing until it finally goes "home".

at first i thought it was because i jailbroke my phone and it was just slow...but after a restore and update to 3.1, im finding its still lagging and it might be a problem with the button itself?

any ideas of how i can fix it, clean it, or alternative ways to get to the home screen?

thanks!
i had the same problem with mine. I made an appt at the genius bar, took it into the Apple Store and they looked at it and replaced it with no problems but I had only had mine 6 months when this problem developed.

Jun 30, 2009

thanks!
As I think it is an hardware problem of your iPhone. I would suggest you to take it to Apple stores. Hope they can fix it. Do you have a warranty?