Home button won't work? Returning iPod?

Joshie

Bronze
May 24, 2007
I bought my ipod touch 8gb (2g) November 19th, and now the home button doesn't work. It works maybe one out of 30 times i press it. I have to press it at least 10 times for it to make the screen show when it's in sleep mode, same when trying to exit out of any app or music or anything. To get to even do that I have to hit it very hard. I was wondering if I can still return it to best buy since the nearest Apple store is 80 miles away. And mailing is not an option.

I called best buy and they said their extended holiday returns will allow me to return it through jan 24th or something, but It has a few scratches on the chrome backing, so I don't know. I have the receipt, all the items included and the original packaging, even the bag! lol

Do you think I will get a new one?

ThunderBull4

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Well the best thing to do would be to get in touch with Apple. That's definitely a hardware problem on their part. They will replace it.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Best Buy should replace it if it's defective. They did with mine when there was a screen issue, and there were already scratches from usage. If you do end up going to Apple, they may replace it with a white box unit if it's older than a certain point.