"Home" email default

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phoulish1

Aug 6, 2013
Since 90% of my contacts are businesss related, is there a way to change the email default in Contacts from "home" to "work"?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Since 90% of my contacts are businesss related, is there a way to change the email default in Contacts from "home" to "work"?
I believe you're asking if there is a way to change them all at once. Is this correct? If so, then not to my knowledge. But to answer your question, there is already a label in the edit function when you click on your contact, titled "work". You can also add your own custom label.

I just thought of something else. Are you possibly asking if there is a way when you type your contacts name in if it will automatically choose work? When you type your contacts name in, it will show both emails and you can choose the work email.

Sent using iCafe app

Phoulish1

Aug 6, 2013
Thank you, but no. I meant that when entering a new contact, the email address automatically defaults to 'home'. I understand that there's a drop-down list from which you can select 'work' but I was hoping I could make 'work' the default.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thank you, but no. I meant that when entering a new contact, the email address automatically defaults to 'home'. I understand that there's a drop-down list from which you can select 'work' but I was hoping I could make 'work' the default.
Unfortunately, I have not seen or heard of a way to do this. If there happens to be a way, then I hope that person that knows comes forward. :)