"home" screen icons

Aug 2, 2007
OK. Now, I bought my first computer in 1979 (Apple) and cell phone in around '83 (it was $2,000 with limited service and about 15 minutes battery life), so I've been around the block once or twice, but this has me stumped:

how do i REMOVE an icon which I've placed on one of the "home" screens. I get how to move 'em around but what if I want to delete 'em?

(it just occurs to me that $2k was in 1983 dollars! What would that be today? $6 or $8,000? We e.a.'s are such suckers.)

Tpji328

Jan 2, 2008
OK. Now, I bought my first computer in 1979 (Apple) and cell phone in around '83 (it was $2,000 with limited service and about 15 minutes battery life), so I've been around the block once or twice, but this has me stumped:

how do i REMOVE an icon which I've placed on one of the "home" screens. I get how to move 'em around but what if I want to delete 'em?

(it just occurs to me that $2k was in 1983 dollars! What would that be today? $6 or $8,000? We e.a.'s are such suckers.)
its the same thing. You hold down an icon until they start shaking then you will see the little X on the ones you added. click the X and then submit.

Aug 2, 2007
ahhhh . . .

its the same thing. You hold down an icon until they start shaking then you will see the little X on the ones you added. click the X and then submit.

Thanks. I had no idea what the "x's" were.
I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks! I updated then went to pick up my iPhone after the update was done to read what it said about the home screen and I accidentally hit the dismiss button. lol

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA

was it the bag phone? I had the "brick" phone in the early 90's:p

Aug 2, 2007
original cell phone

was it the bag phone? I had the "brick" phone in the early 90's:p
I can't remember who made that phone now. It was about six or 7 inches long, about 3 inches wide, and about 2 inches deep. It wasn't Motorola. I want to say Sharp. Most of it was battery. It was one of the first true portables. That big of a battery, and I think the talk time was about 10 minutes max. I'll look for it on the internet and post back. Ah, the primitive days. Before that, I had a car phone which used radio and you had to go through an operator for every call.

j3yq

Oct 8, 2007
Wow I'd like to see it