Home Screen Restore Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by knowoneuno, Jul 16, 2016.

1. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

I accidentally deleted an app on my home screen and now for the life of me, I can't remember what app it was.

Is there any way to find a backup of my "old" home screen and restore it?

I tried the Apple way of "resetting" the home screen and that didn't help. So now I'd like
    to go "back" and restore my phone to the old way I had everything laid out with the various
    apps and groups I had placed them in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Don't know of a way to do that, unless you stored that info in iTunes or on an iCloud back up. You can go to iCloud.com on your computer and see if it's there. Or go to your purchased list in the App Store and go down the list. You might recall it if you see it.

3. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

Thanks. I have so many apps, I don't know how I can find it.

:(

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Honestly I'm confused, if you can't even remember the app name it means you never used it so why bother??

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I agree with this. I started deleting apps I had "just in case" if I hadn't used them in three or more months. If I needed it again, I downloaded it at that point, which wasn't often enough to be a bother. If I couldn't remember what it was, I would just search for it through my purchase history or based on features in the App Store and install it or something similar.

6. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

I use every app on my home screen, yet I can't remember what one I've lost.

Sorry I'm not perfect like you are.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No need for passive aggressive behavior, I meant no disrespect, I apologize if you took it that way. Honestly, if you can't remember the app, you really didn't use it enough for it to make a difference. I'm still confused. Best wishes, hope you find your app.

8. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

It was disrespectful as far as I am concerned. Maybe it was calculator, maybe it was settings, etc......I use them a lot, but not everyday. Just wish I could remember which one it was. Just a simple request for help. Obviously, I'll look elsewhere for further help on this subject.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have any screenshots of your homesceen in your camera roll or deleted folder that you may have forgotten about? If not, try skimming through your list of purchased apps in iTunes on your computer. Even with hundreds of apps, I wouldn't think it wouldn't take more than an hour to recognize it. Otherwise, I bet after a few days go by, you'll remember it since you use it so often.

10. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

I appreciate your suggestion, and I might have a screen shot on my camera roll. I'll go right now to my list of purchased apps in iTunes.

Does anyone know what the home screen looks like when it first comes out of the box with a new iPhone? Just curious.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Here's iOS 9 and 8.
    [​IMG]

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I doubt it was setting or Calculator, since those are stock apps that can't be deleted.

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

So you're saying if you looked in your Purchased list as @Ledsteplin and @Europa suggested and you saw the app's name and icon, it wouldn't jog your memory in the least?