Homescreen background

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

texicanj

Sep 13, 2007
Does anyone know of a way to change the default black background on the homescreen to something else. I have summerboard, but my wallpaper is too busy and I prefer a simpler background on the homescreen. Any ideas on how to change it?

Thanks

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know of a way to change the default black background on the homescreen to something else. I have summerboard, but my wallpaper is too busy and I prefer a simpler background on the homescreen. Any ideas on how to change it?

Thanks
get the image u like google or something resize it to the right dimensions and load it up to the phone..

texicanj

Sep 13, 2007
get the image u like google or something resize it to the right dimensions and load it up to the phone..
Right that's for a wallpaper. I have the wallpaper I want but I don't want the same wallpaper on the lock screen and homescreen. I want an image on the lock screen and a simple background on the homescreen instead of the default black background. But I can't figure out where the default background image is in the iPhone directory to replace it or if there is a better way to do it.