Homescreen Icons/Webclips

esco803

Nov 18, 2007
Does anyone know if I jailbreak my 1.1.4 iPhone if I will lose my homescreen icons? If so is there a way to back those up or do I have to find them all over again? What are some of the apps those of you that have jailbroken recommend. I'm a noob at jailbreaking and might do it this weekend. Just looking for some answers.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Does anyone know if I jailbreak my 1.1.4 iPhone if I will lose my homescreen icons? If so is there a way to back those up or do I have to find them all over again? What are some of the apps those of you that have jailbroken recommend. I'm a noob at jailbreaking and might do it this weekend. Just looking for some answers.
I believe iTunes saves them in the automatic back-ups they do, so if you tell iTunes to make your iPhone have the back-up from BEFORE you jailbroke then you're icons will stay.

esco803

Nov 18, 2007
Good looking out...how about apps after the jailbreak. Which ones do you recommend as "must-haves"?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Gah...here we go:

Customize
Pool
SwirlyMMS
BossPrefs
Pianist
Summerboard ( SMBPrefs )
Poof
MobileChat
Guitarist
Installer - comes with jailbreak
NES
MxTube
CameraProDrummer
WeSpot
Cydia
VNotes
SiPhone
gpSPhone
Stumbler
Insomnia
Respring
MobileFinder
Term-vt100
Tris
MobileScrobbler
Search
MobilePreview
Crossword
Tap Tap Revolution
PuzzlManiak
iFlickr

And Caterpillar, but you need to follow my guide if you want to use it for free. :D

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Nice list. We need to get a sticky going with a list because everyone keeps asking.

Mar 21, 2008
Do you know the MMCS fields for ATT?

EDIT- Nevermind, I have seem to found them.

AT&T (USA)

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy: 066.209.011.032
For these settings to work, you must have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T. Thanks for confirming this rkisling!

Reference
Reference