Honda-to-iPhone w/ USA Spec PA11-HON2y

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by marc_____, Jan 16, 2008.

1. marc_____

marc_____ New Member

2. kgil79

kgil79 New Member

that looks hot! I am about to buy an 08 v6 accord exl with navi. I hope this thing works

3. marc_____

marc_____ New Member

Yeah, i hope it works to, as I just ordered one. I found that enfig.com has them for a little cheaper.

4. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

I just installed it for my toyota. Works great so far. I did hear one person complain that it fried their iPhone but I haven't experienced that yet. Newer cars should have some type of Aux integration already built in so you can just plug up your device without having to install one of these.

Definitely digging mine so far. It plays all my songs and when a call comes in it lowers the volume and you can hear the ringer on your car speakers.

5. marc_____

marc_____ New Member

Man I just got back plugging the device in my car and got an email that you replied to this thread!

That is great to hear that it’s working out for you! I noticed that when I plugged the iPod cable that it came with into the iPhone, a pop-up window appeared saying that the cable isn’t "Apple certified" and that it may need to be in airplane-mode. However if the quality of the sound is good then I wouldn’t need to worry about that.

Now I just need to activate my iPhone.

6. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Yeah... that message pops up when you first plug it in. I say "no" and it works like normal. It's pretty cool too when the phone rings, the music lowers and the ringer plays over your speakers.

7. Colin

Colin New Member
    Bronze

Stay away from the Dension brand. They don't damage the iPod, but they do 'self fry' themselves. Went through three of them, ($80 in shipping back and forth) before I threw in the towel. The unit pictures looks to have robust heat sinks so hopefully it will last.

8. brendo234

brendo234 New Member

9. TSP

TSP New Member

It absolutely works in my '06 Pilot. Takes a moment to get going, but works and sounds great. Can't control music, playlists, etc. from the iPhone screen (although it works with my 5th Gen iPod) but the Pilot's radio controls work as advertised. Installation was extra easy.

I learned a lot from this forum: http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15498&highlight=usa+spec

Cheers!

10. robfarmer

robfarmer New Member

PA11-HON2y and iPhone 3g

I bought the PA11-HON2y from crutchfield hoping it would work with my 2004 Honda Accord EX (no navigation, in-dash cd changer and built in XM). I get the warning message that it wasn't made for iPhone and cannot charge. Everything else works great, I can still use the CD changer and XM. The only problem is that it doesn't charge the iPhone 3g when plugged in, which is a huge deal.

Has anyone else used it with the iPhone 3g and had it charge?

#10 robfarmer, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  11. Tenor

Tenor New Member

Hi All,

I have the same problem charging iPhone 3G and sent an email to USA Spec yesterday. They replied stating that only the cable will need to be replaced in order to charge the 3G iPhone. Whoever is interested in replacing their cable will need to call a person named John at (215) 489 1084 to order. Aside from the charging issue, everything works great. I love the USA Spec adapter. It worked great with my iPhone 2G.

#11 Tenor, Jul 18, 2008
  12. robfarmer

robfarmer New Member

USA Spec Cable

I contacted USA Spec too along with a couple other vendors. The issue is due to the fact that Apple changed the way the iPhone 3g charges. All vendors are going to have the same issue. USA Spec is manufacturing new cables right now and should be taking orders in about a week. The other manufacturers I contacted did not have an ETA for a fix. I'm keeping my USA Spec device and ordering the cable when it's available.

13. drdisney

drdisney New Member

Woooo... I am so glad I found this thread. I was done installing the Spec adapter for a 01 CRV, but noticed it was not charging. I am so happy it is just a cable issue that can be fixed with just a new cable. Now I can go ahead and put my dash back together :laugh2:. One thing I would like to get rid of is the pop-up that happens everytime you connect the iPhone. Does anyone know of a way to disable notifications on the iPhone ? I know it's not a big deal, but I would hate to click no everytime I connect the phone.

Dr D

14. robfarmer

robfarmer New Member

That should go away with the new cable...

15. Tenor

Tenor New Member

I keep forgetting to call to order the cable. It's probably not ready yet, but at least I'll get it as soon as it comes out.

16. liamb

liamb New Member

20$/backordered 3-4 weeks

I called the number they are taking down names and phone numbers and will call you back when the cable is available in 3-4 weeks it will cost 20$ bucks.
    took no time at all, people are very nice over there! give them a call get yours as soon as they are out

17. johnnymillers

johnnymillers New Member

I'm about to do the same exact thing, 2004 accord Ex-L with premium audio no nav, iPhone 3G, and I'm trying to decide from the 3 adapters that crutchfield has. With the USA Spec will the steering wheel controls still work, and do the artist/track names display on the radio unit? How about using the navigation on the iPhone and controlling the iPhone through the stereo controls at the same time?

thanks

#17 johnnymillers, Aug 18, 2008
  18. fulabu

fulabu New Member

I just did this install with the USA Spec on my 04 EX-L. Except I have the first gen iPhone. I ran the cable from the back of the head unit under the gear shift panel and parking brake cover/cup holders and through the 12v outlet in the center console. So the "box" sits at the bottom of the console's storage. Then run the ipod cable through console's existing cable opening and voila! you got a nice clean install.

You can control volume and track changes from the steering wheel but artist and track names do not display. Obviously, can't answer re. navigation.

19. Tenor

Tenor New Member

Here's mine

I previously showed mine on HowardForums:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]