Honest opinion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
i tried the iPhone in the store and loved it....but i have a laptop and after awhile i hate using my finger on the pad and prefer to use a mouse. would i not like the iPhone?

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
i tried the iPhone in the store and loved it....but i have a laptop and after awhile i hate using my finger on the pad and prefer to use a mouse. would i not like the iPhone?
I am the same way, I detest the touchpad, I rather use the little rubber erasure joystick, but it will not make you dislike the iPhone at all!:sick:

jhawk

Jul 15, 2007
I'm the same way, I don't like using the touch pad on my laptop either. I was a little skeptical of the touch screen for typing. I am coming from a Palm Treo and text messaging/typing was very easy, on my iPHONE, it's just as easy, if not easier. It took me a couple days to get used to it but it is great, no complaints here.

GP78

Jul 2, 2007
NJ, USA
The touch screen on the iPhone isn't like the trackpad on your laptop. You don't have to constantly keep your finger on it to navigate. Taps and swipes are all you need. It's not a constant input, because you're not moving a cursor... your finger is the cursor. :)

But... go try it again at an Apple Store. Play with it some more. It's not like you're gonna be using it as a laptop replacement. (However, If you're thinking of using it as a mini-laptop (to replace carrying around your real laptop) then it probably isn't the phone for you. You'll probably do better with a Windows Mobile 5 or 6 phone. Something like the AT&T 8525 or wait a month for the upcoming AT&T 8925.)

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I detest windows-based touchpads on laptops. The one on my MacBook is marvelous (if you've never used one, it also has a sort-of multi-touch technology)...

But that said, I don't find using the iPhone at ALL like using a touchpad... it's really a very different experience.