Honest questions answered.

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
wow, i almost kind of wish this discussion wasn't even here. its making me 10000x more excited for it. "if your Apple browser can run it, iPhone can run it" which basically shoudd mean games, AIM exress, etc.. all that good stuff should work.. that would seriously be nothing short of amazing
"your expectations are too low"

correct.
at the wwdc. steve jobs told programmars to start programing.

not only will the device be available at launch, the programs should be available days after as well.

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
is there a secret app (the 12th app) if so can u tell us or are u not allowed

PS i know repeat

smilly1010

May 30, 2007
You mentioned the data plan possibly being 19.99 and the text being another 19.99 adding up to about 40 total. If we already have an unlimited texting plan, can we just add only the 19.99 data plan to our current texting plan? Or are they requiring you to get the texting/data bundle. And as far as activation goes at the Apple store, are you saying that we're going to activate via phone instead of being able to do it in the store? Thanks for all of your help!

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
ATT or Apple store

Do you see any advantage in going to one or the other to buy the iPhone?

Thanks

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
You mentioned the data plan possibly being 19.99 and the text being another 19.99 adding up to about 40 total. If we already have an unlimited texting plan, can we just add only the 19.99 data plan to our current texting plan? Or are they requiring you to get the texting/data bundle. And as far as activation goes at the Apple store, are you saying that we're going to activate via phone instead of being able to do it in the store? Thanks for all of your help!
I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do this.

however, they may have some really nice launch plans available that even I don't know about yet.

I will be more then happy to inform you of what plans we know about later on this upcomming week.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
if i am a new AT&T coustomer ( on june 29) can i still use the automatic activation on the phone? or will i have to go to an AT&T wireless store?

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do this.

however, they may have some really nice launch plans available that even I don't know about yet.

I will be more then happy to inform you of what plans we know about later on this upcomming week.
Awesome man, you are a Godsend. Thanks again for all the help!

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Do you see any advantage in going to one or the other to buy the iPhone?

Thanks
if you have a ton of plan questions I would advise going to AT&T...

APPLE employees are only trained on the device, not the plans...

AS for my helping you guys with this...
It's more then my pleasure.
I'm equally as hyped about the device as you.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
Will the iPhone have A2DP? I'm planning on buying a bluetooth stereo headset with the phone.

smilly1010

May 30, 2007
Some little things that i'm a little curious about...

-How do you change the ringer volume? I think i heard that it was something on the side of the phone... is this true? And if so, does it change volumes in your pocket without you knowing?

-When you have the phone on "sleep mode" and you get a phone call, what happens? Do you have to unlock the phone before you can answer it or does that "Answer/Ignore" screen that we've all seen 1000 times pop up?

-Just how sleek and thin is the phone? I know it's the thinnest smartphone on the market.. but how does it feel in your hand?

-How tough/easy is texting/emailing with the pop-up keyboard?

-What are the ringtones like? Are you able to set songs from you music library to ringtones or do you still have to buy them from cingular/att to do this?

-What's the picture like on the video? Is it as vibrant as Jobs made it out to be?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
- How will Apple or AT&T handle current AT&T customers already under contract, not eligible for an upgrade?

you MUST sign a 2 year extension, no way around this.
I've been told by several AT&T representatives from local stores, customer service and businesss, that the iPhone will only be available to new customer activations or current AT&T customers, towards the end of their current contract or finished their contract and eligible for an upgrade. Current AT&T customers already under contract, not eligible for an upgrade, will be refused purchase of an iPhone because their current contract cannot be extended. Can you please clear this up?

Many, many thanks. :cool:

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Oh and another question... is the camera capable of taking video?

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
will Apple and att clear everything up publicly? (data plans, avalibility, activation)?
It's to my understanding all the plans and such will be finallized this upcoming week.

I will be more then happy to indulge that information when it comes out

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Ive heard that the phone responds quickly. Will it slow down if you are doing multiple things at once. like if you are on the phone while surfing the web while writing an email and have your ipod paused?:p