Honest questions answered.

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
for those taking there time looking at every detail of the phone.
GOOD!

you'll notice
more funtions,
watermarks,
trademarks,
transitions,
backrounds,
sounds,
texting under quick tours is MMS
plus tons more.

i'm off for the evening,
I wish you all a great night!
and i'll see you all tomorrow with a bunch of new info to be released.

Stay Excited

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Is anyone else surprised that he doesn't want to answer the settings menu question right now?

I'm certainly not...
By chance, are you familiar with the from Seinfeld?

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I'm not here to completely point out the obvious.
Just to look in the right places,
and to start getting excited about different things.

You are correct by my leaving out certain objects.
and seemingly misleading slightly on certain details.

Nothing I have said so far has been wrong.

Read deeper.
you'll find your answers.

Apple has partnership with
ATT
GOOGLE
YAHOO

YOUTUBE
and a few others...

first ask why....
then think how..

more surprises will be showing surface in the next few days.
keep your eyes on the Apple.... just don't get to hungry.
Stay excited!
Launch maybe? :sick:

ash

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oklahoma
Ok, so on the Apple iPhone site, during the new QuickTour of Safari... isn't it significant that it shows "Apple iPod + iTunes" as a site they visited? I've been waiting to see if anyone else thought it was significant and perhaps meant that we would be able to download directly from iTunes. Sorry if I'm a few steps behind here.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Now I will be seriously bummed...well ok not seriously...but a lil chapped if iPhone text is not available as landscape. Such a good feature. They must use it on this version and not make us wait till Jan for iPhone#2 with landscape text.
Ciao

Jun 19, 2007
for those taking there time looking at every detail of the phone.
GOOD!

you'll notice
more funtions,
watermarks,
trademarks,
transitions,
backrounds,
sounds,
texting under quick tours is MMS
plus tons more.

i'm off for the evening,
I wish you all a great night!
and i'll see you all tomorrow with a bunch of new info to be released.

Stay Excited

texting under quick tours is not mms... if anyone has any shred of doubt left as to this dude's authenticity it should have gone byebye with that statement. the sms quick tour shows how a text message is sent, and how the conversation is displayed as a message thread (similar to iChat). end of story.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
texting under quick tours is not mms... if anyone has any shred of doubt left as to this dude's authenticity it should have gone byebye with that statement. the sms quick tour shows how a text message is sent, and how the conversation is displayed as a message thread (similar to iChat). end of story.
end of story indeed
That being said...this kook could still be foreal. The mms comment kills his cred though.

Jun 19, 2007
end of story indeed
That being said...this kook could still be foreal. The mms comment kills his cred though.
haha i know... i mean, not be a negative nancy or anything but i think calling this guy out is way less harmful than having a bunch of fans let down when his "inside info" turns out to be BS next week.

and i was initially way pumped about that horizontal keyboard mockup til i found out the same thing :laugh2:

mbivens

Jun 17, 2007
I'm not here to completely point out the obvious.
Just to look in the right places,
and to start getting excited about different things.

You are correct by my leaving out certain objects.
and seemingly misleading slightly on certain details.

Nothing I have said so far has been wrong.

Read deeper.

Apple has partnership with
ATT
GOOGLE
YAHOO
YOUTUBE
and a few others...

first ask why....
then think how..

more surprises will be showing surface in the next few days.
keep your eyes on the Apple.... just don't get to hungry.
Stay excited!
WTF are you talking about! I feel like your speaking another langauge...

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
THANKS FOR THE INFO. VERY INFORMATIVE SO FAR.

1) What About Compatibility Of Palm Os And Pocket Pc Applications With Os X?
2) Will I Be Able To Use The Bluetooth Built Into My Car?

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Seriously. I mean the thing says mock up right there on the page but naturally I saw the landscape and went nuts because I wanted to believe. Ooooo by the way . I phone commercial on right now ahh the irony

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
My only issue with Car Crash is that the only info he says anything about is the info that had already been released or found on other Websites. Like, the twelve Widget that he didn't want to say anything about, because he had to leave it for the Launch Day and acts like he had mentioned something about it.

You didn't know anything about the Launch times that AT&T has been talking about since at least the 11th. Close 4:30 open 6 close 10 (open late).

What is so secret about the Settings?

May 30, 2007
I think i may have figured out one of the things he was talking about. Go to iPhone link on the Apple website and go under the internet in your pocket tab. Click on the maps and some text appears under the small picture. It says, "With Google Maps and iPhone’s amazing Maps application, you can view maps and satellite images, or get directions and traffic information, all from iPhone’s remarkable, easy-to-use touch interface." When you watch the demo, you can clearly see a small button in each of the bottom corners of the screen. One is a car and the other is two arrows going up and down. I'm almost positive that this is new as I didn't see it in Job's keynote at Macworld. Please let me know if i'm wrong.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
I think i may have figured out one of the things he was talking about. Go to iPhone link on the Apple website and go under the internet in your pocket tab. Click on the maps and some text appears under the small picture. It says, "With Google Maps and iPhone’s amazing Maps application, you can view maps and satellite images, or get directions and traffic information, all from iPhone’s remarkable, easy-to-use touch interface." When you watch the demo, you can clearly see a small button in each of the bottom corners of the screen. One is a car and the other is two arrows going up and down. I'm almost positive that this is new as I didn't see it in Job's keynote at Macworld. Please let me know if i'm wrong.
You didn't. They were added later and they are presumed to be turn by turn directions.

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
That's old, I remember seeing it before. But I don't know if it was displayed during the keynote.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Read deeper.
I'm game...

- Email Signature a la BlackBerry. Click here - http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/ View the Mail QuickTour. "Sent from my iPhone."

- There are new sounds throughout, like when sending an email.

- The Call/Visual Voicemail interface looks different than before.

- Google logo in Maps widget.

- Yahoo logo in Stocks and Weather widgets.

- Of course the new YouTube widget.

- And the SIM tray can be clearly seen in the new gallery of pictures.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
- There are new sounds throughout, like when sending an email.
I thought the send email sound was used previously. However I don't recall seeing that bar chart. Grrrrr.