Honest questions answered.

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
*****Thank you******

Thank you for your time
1* I have a family plan can I upgrade both lines the same day? I’m not in a contract anymore

2*there is any difference from the 4g and the 8g model? Beside the memory size…
Witch model do you recommend?

3*what time do you recommend to be at the ATT and Apple store?
Thank you again

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Also. Does the screen smudge or scratch easily? mostly interested in sratching factor.

iGeorge

Jun 7, 2007
My Question is
1. Will we be able to Send Pictures over Text
2. Battery Life with Calls and Video Usage, how long will it last
3. Whats your take ok the Keyboard Usage (easy, takes getting used to, or a disaster)
and last, Will the iPhone update automaticly if we are subcribed to podcast episodes, download new episodes on the go.

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Ive heard that the phone responds quickly. Will it slow down if you are doing multiple things at once. like if you are on the phone while surfing the web while writing an email and have your ipod paused?:p
The device is designed to take what you can throw at it... please remember.. it's not microsoft.. :p

-How do you change the ringer volume? I think i heard that it was something on the side of the phone... is this true? And if so, does it change volumes in your pocket without you knowing?

there are somewhat resessed buttons on the left side of the phone that will adjust volume, it will not change volume in your pocket.. would take some pressure to do that.

-When you have the phone on "sleep mode" and you get a phone call, what happens? Do you have to unlock the phone before you can answer it or does that "Answer/Ignore" screen that we've all seen 1000 times pop up?

you will have a promp to answer or ignore.

-Just how sleek and thin is the phone? I know it's the thinnest smartphone on the market.. but how does it feel in your hand?

Comfortable, and lite.

-How tough/easy is texting/emailing with the pop-up keyboard?

Not difficult at all... even if you fumble the words you will have a chance to correct with the tap of a finger.

-What are the ringtones like? Are you able to set songs from you music library to ringtones or do you still have to buy them from cingular/att to do this?

the ringtones option I am not able to discuss until later this week. I'm sorry, but I promise you I will let you know more about this.

-What's the picture like on the video? Is it as vibrant as Jobs made it out to be?

think about your ipod nano screen... now make it bigger... it's very brite! and can be seen in most applications with VERY minimal glare.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
what does the package look like? and what accessories will be included (Dock)?

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
what does the package look like? and what accessories will be included (Dock)?

Oh yeah, great question. Will it be like the 3rd gen iPod that came with a buncha stuff, or will it just be the phone and earbuds? :eek:

kolizion

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I have time for a few more questions, Then I must head out to the bowling ally to improve my score :)

Please feel free to compile as many questions as you wish, I will come back a bit later tonight and answer as many as I can..... please understand there are a few features and surprises *hint, that i am not able to discuss at this point.
some of these questions are repete questions. I have no problem addressing them over again, as I want this discussion to be personable.. however if you all can combine as many questions as you can, Its much easier to address all questions in a giant response.

with that said, on with the show....

iGeorge
1. Will we be able to Send Pictures over Text

this is all capable! however... i'll comment on this later

2. Battery Life with Calls and Video Usage, how long will it last

The battery has amazing life.... very well depends on your use, but you will be pleasantly surprised!

3. Whats your take ok the Keyboard Usage (easy, takes getting used to, or a disaster)
and last, Will the iPhone update automaticly if we are subcribed to podcast episodes, download new episodes on the go.

The keyboard, like any new device will take a bit to familurize yourself with... however within minutes you will feel comfortable knowing you can send very fast messages.

as for the updates, the phone will operate, update simular to your ipod.

iPhonenotify
Also. Does the screen smudge or scratch easily? mostly interested in sratching factor.

I would not be worried about the scratch factor... the design was created to work with you, not against you. The screen was designed to be able to whipe smudges off with a shirt and lot scratch the surface.

I would still take care of your phone and not see what forces it will hold up to :)

-rebelace
I would not place any sort of film over the screen as it could hamper the sensativity.

rlp2011
*****Thank you******
More then welcome friend!

1* I have a family plan can I upgrade both lines the same day? I’m not in a contract anymore

I don't see how this would be a problem, however I will have a more exact answer for this question later this week.

2*there is any difference from the 4g and the 8g model? Beside the memory size…
Witch model do you recommend?

for 100.00 more you can get 4 more gigs... I would go with what you are financially capable of... however I would suggest for so little mosre, how could you say no to 4 more gigs.

3*what time do you recommend to be at the ATT and Apple store?

the phone will go on sale at 6pm on the 29th.
check often to see when the lines start forming.

please don't be crazy campers and line up a week in advance.
stay smart, stay employed. if your going to camp PLEASE try and camp a day in advance as to not cause disturbance to the stores or your life.
it is after all, a phone... and if you lose your job waiting for it, you won't be able to aford the phone in the long run.

-mav

I've been told by several AT&T representatives from local stores, customer service and businesss, that the iPhone will only be available to new customer activations or current AT&T customers, towards the end of their current contract or finished their contract and eligible for an upgrade. Current AT&T customers already under contract, not eligible for an upgrade, will be refused purchase of an iPhone because their current contract cannot be extended. Can you please clear this up?

Many, many thanks.

At this point and time.. ANY single use NON BUISNESS, GOVT end user can purchase this phone at retail price and activate it. you will be required to sign a 2 year contract or extension. I can only STRONGLY URGE you all to only take plan information from AT&T OWNED stores and not stores that are offilated.

As far as the video...

I'll leave you with a tickle of excitment before heading out to go bowling.

how would you feel if I told you there might be a hint of streaming video in the future of certain capable smart phones?

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions and concerns.
I will be with this site from here out to answer as much as I can.
STAY EXCITED!

On with the bowling!
-=kolizion=-

kini

Jun 17, 2007
hardware

What company makes the internal battery for the iPhone?
Thanks so much

Afternoon, to keep my work location somewhat private... I will simply just say that I currently work very closly with this device.

If you have any questions about it, I will be more then happy to answer what I can.

Please do NOT ask where I work, or how i'm affiliated. Your question will be ignored, Thank you for understanding.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
how would you feel if I told you there might be a hint of streaming video in the future of certain capable smart phones?
So does this means that the iPhone will do streaming video? Or is there a video on the internet about the next gen iPhone?

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
So does this means that the iPhone will do streaming video? Or is there a video on the internet about the next gen iPhone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolizion

look at what he said. when he says certain capable smart phones, he means the iPhone. and when he says the future, he doesn't mean next gen iPhone (as im sure he probably has no clue about what a future next gen iPhone will have). i think he means that in the very near future, like after its release the iPhone will be capable of steaming video like from utube and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
my question is about the built in screen protector as seen on Apple's iPhone technology website. what is that made out of?

i know the bluetooth question(s) have been asked, but can you clarify what specific profiles the iPhone BT stack contains?

As for the battery, i remember you saying it has pretty damn good battery life, but can you say what raw capacity the cell(s) have? like 1150mAH? thats my guess...

anyway thats all im dying to know right now... i must say MANY thanks to you and your company for coming here and giving us this opportunity! hope bowling was good :)

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
in a previous post in this topic, he mentioned something about the 12th button, could streaming video be from youtube, and then there will be a Youtube button?

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ok my question is this. If I hook this to my car via the ear bud port (like I do with my ipod) how will I be able to answer a call? will it's internal mic work or will the ear bud plug override it an cause it not to pick up my voice.

asdiphone

Jun 17, 2007
Exchange Syncing

can it be synced with Outlook Web Access or Exchange? That would be huge as I have all my contacts and calendar info on OWA in the office (wirelessly syncing with my mobile device).

and I would want to sync the iPhone with my home computer that has all the music and video.

mbivens

Jun 17, 2007
Gosh you people are gullible! Am I the only one that thinks this person is full of it? He/she hasn't told us anything beyond what we already know, sourced from rumor sites; presented to look like fact .This seems like an example of people desperate for info, that "WANT" to believe.

comcipher

Jun 8, 2007
I want to believe every word of this guy, but I can't help but notice that not a single person here even questioned if this guy was legit or not. He hasn't provided a shred of evidence to support his claim. All of the biggest questions such as plans he has a guess about, but says they won't be settled till this week. All of this could be a bunch of BS, any one of us could have made an account and started answering questions with our own best guesses.

I say if you are any sort of a real "insider" provide some proof. I realize that if you really are you can't provide any identifying information, but how about a picture of the phone or some kind of documentation we haven't seen. Surely anyone involved this close with the device can touch it or provide us with a never before seen image.