honestly guys take a good look at this iPhone killer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
S

shodka8

The iPhone is being hyped up a lot. I urge you all to take a look at the nokia n95, a buddy of mine just got it, its actually amazing, 5 mega pixel camera, and it can swivel to turn into a video camera with an open screen that you hold just like a handheld video camera.

thanks

Amit

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
The iPhone is being hyped up a lot. I urge you all to take a look at the nokia n95, a buddy of mine just got it, its actually amazing, 5 mega pixel camera, and it can swivel to turn into a video camera with an open screen that you hold just like a handheld video camera.

thanks

Amit
The cameras nice but it does not have a 3.5 inch screen it does not have touch screen and it does not have 8 gig storage and it has the baby internet. and its like 700 dollars - ill pass thank you.
:mad:

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
And there have been reports of it crashing the first day after people load all of that wonderful software on it. Let me see... Ugly design, baby internet, no multi-touch, 700 dollars, no OSX, bad battery life because of the much trumped up 3g...I will pass...:cool:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com

thanks

Amit
N95 is a nice device. If the camera/video or GPS features are very important to you, it is a good choice.

If multimedia features, ease of use, compatibility with iTunes, etc. are a priorities for you, I think the iPhone is a better fit. IOW, I think once you get past the GPS and camera, the N95 has very little to recommend it over the iPhone.

For me, a camera on a phone is not that important. If I had a choice, I would like one on my phone, but it is not required. If they announce today that the camera has been removed from the iPhone, I would still be getting one. GPS would be very nice to have, but I am hoping once the iPhone is opened to 3rd Party apps the iPhone will be able to take advantage of Bluetooth GPS receivers.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ

thanks

Amit
n95 is pretty bulky. And pricey.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Isn't the n95 tri band? If so, it won't work on Cingular's network.
As long as it has two of the three bands it'll work. cingular only uses two bands in North America anyway. Not sure off hand which two they are, but I'll do some checking.

General overview of frequencies: 900 MHz and 1800 MHz frequencies run mainly in Europe and Asia-Pac. However, the exact frequency depends on the carriers themselves. The 1900 MHz frequencies run in North America. The 850 MHz is also sometimes used in North America and Latin America.

reptilexcq

Jun 5, 2007
It all depends on one's preference and how you rank them. For me a 5.0MP camcorder is as important as a web browser or multi-touch screen. So this is how i rank the features. 1-10 (one being the least important and 10 being most important)

1. 5.0MP video recorder (rank 10)
2. Web Browsing (10)
3. Ipod (5, i can careless if iPhone has this)
4. photos (3, i can careless)
5. emails, push technology (10, i use Yahoo! very important)
6. GPS (8)
7. Multi-touch and easy to use (9)
8. 3G (5, i don't plan to pay to use data, i'll do w/ wifi)

So based on my ranking and preference, i am undecided, but i wish iPhone 2.0 has a video recorder. Both phone has their own advantage, Nokia has the 5.0MP camcorder and GPS. iPhone has easy to use multi-touch, push email, better web browsing i think. If one of these companies combined both technology together, it will be a selling point for me. In the meantime i am waiting until my contract is up in Nov and hopefully a better version of iPhone 2.0 or Nokia.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
It all depends on one's preference and how you rank them. For me a 5.0MP camcorder is as important as a web browser or multi-touch screen. So this is how i rank the features. 1-10 (one being the least important and 10 being most important)

1. 5.0MP video recorder (rank 10)
I think that you need to buy yourself a standalone video camera/camera then if its that important to you.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

thanks

Amit
Really post a pic or link or something if you want us to look at the iPhone killer.:rolleyes:

Tobuscus

Jun 15, 2007
I think that you need to buy yourself a standalone video camera/camera then if its that important to you.
Yeah. Great. Just buy a standalone video camera and keep it with you at all times, in addition to a separate gigantor cell phone. Switch to cargo pants.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I had a guy that I met at a conference from Australia who had one, he liked it because of the GPS and the very decent camera. I played with it. It was nice, great screen, not too bit (keep in mind, I have a HTC Wizard right now, which is a fricken brick), but the UI is very sluggish.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
2006: Ipod+Smartphone (with a decent camera.)
2007: iPhone+Camera

It ends up being the same thing. The point of the iPhone was to eliminate a device so we didn't look like inpector gadget every time we went for our wallet. Apple hasn't helped any. In fact, they've made it worse. The iPhone will be bigger than the old camera (thinner is not smaller) and a full camera is a lot bigger than an ipod.

Sure I don't expect to be able to shoot magazine layout photos with my cellphone, but you never know when you're going to need proof that you saw that alien smoking a Winston. And there's video. I don't want to have to bring a camera to dance class just to record dance patterns when I could once do that very well with my "old" w810i. I want to capture and keep those dance moves on my phone where I can get to them quickly. I'm not buying an iPhone to lose capability. Nor am I buying an iPhone so I can purchase a camera. The expensive iPhone is keeping me from doing that even if I was willing to.