Hooooooooooly ^&*( Batman

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I got an iPhone today! :laugh2: :cool: :p

I said I was going to wait until the weekend, but one more trip to the Apple store and I walked out with one.

Activation was a breeze.......... (I still feel the wind in my hair)! :p

Mine still has version 1.0.2 and to tell you the truth, I'm terrified after all the reading I've done to do anything to it.

For those that have upgraded to the newest version (1.1.1), what are the benefits please.
I am not seeking information if you've jailbreaked (yet) lol, because your responses will be totally different than someone who hasn't....thanks for understanding. :cool:

Anyway, time now to go play...... (get your minds out the gutter) with it...

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
If you are even considering modding at all, do not upgrade yet. I mean even slightly thinking about it. 1.1.1 is a pain to mod right now compared to 1.0.2. If you are certain that you don't wanna mod then update away! No reason not to.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
If you are even considering modding at all, do not upgrade yet. I mean even slightly thinking about it. 1.1.1 is a pain to mod right now compared to 1.0.2. If you are certain that you don't wanna mod then update away! No reason not to.
yes what he says! This guy is 100% correct. Keep the version you have now and feel free to mod your ass off!:laugh2:

Oct 12, 2007
I got an iPhone today! :laugh2: :cool: :p

I said I was going to wait until the weekend, but one more trip to the Apple store and I walked out with one.

Activation was a breeze.......... (I still feel the wind in my hair)! :p

Mine still has version 1.0.2 and to tell you the truth, I'm terrified after all the reading I've done to do anything to it.

For those that have upgraded to the newest version (1.1.1), what are the benefits please.
I am not seeking information if you've jailbreaked (yet) lol, because your responses will be totally different than someone who hasn't....thanks for understanding. :cool:

Anyway, time now to go play...... (get your minds out the gutter) with it...

Where did you buy yours? Your lucky to get version 1.0.2. Can you pls post the 5th and 6th serial number? I just want to know if its true that if its below 39 then theres a big chance to get 1.0.2 version

Thanks

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
As far as the benefits to 1.1.1, the only benefit that I've seen is the double space typing thing. That is very minor compared to the mods you have to give up. Looking back on it now, I wish I had never done the upgrade.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
the period thing is one of my favorites, although, since ive had my phone since day one, im still used to going to the second screen to insert a period so i often do that forgetting that i can just double tap the space bar lol. also for me, the wifi store is a BIG advantage because i am always bored, so if im near wifi, i can listen to 30 second previews of every song on iTunes so that takes up a lot of time if you want it to. i also like how you can hit the home button twice when listening to music to bring up on screen controls. i almost never listen to the entire song, so i was really happy that the headphones could be used to go to the nest song, but i also like the fact that with the on sxcreen controls you can go backm because when im listening to my favorite song, i like to listen to it more than once. but its all really nothing compared to having it modded. besides, they will have programs *(such as ibrickr) that will mod it for you for 1.1.1 soon. and from what i have read, the current mod requires downgrading to 1.0.2, so you might wanna just stay with what you have for now.

darknightsiphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Philly
Looking back on it now, I wish I had never done the upgrade.
Granted i have only had the iPhone going on a month i really have to agree. the update really didn't seem to do anthing but add a wi-fi store, wooooo hoooooooo gimmie nintendo games any day.

On a side note i am really supprised that no one has tried to stem out from the original nintendo for iPhone. SNES files were not all that big and the graphics in the iPhone look as if they could handle it. just my dumb idea.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
And you haven't downgraded back to 1.0.2 because? I tried 1.1.1 and while the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store was pretty neat, along with the double space for period and double tap home for Favorites and iPod Controls, I missed my 3rd Party apps and downgraded back to 1.0.2 as soon as instructions for it hit the web.

As far as the benefits to 1.1.1, the only benefit that I've seen is the double space typing thing. That is very minor compared to the mods you have to give up. Looking back on it now, I wish I had never done the upgrade.