Horizontal Texting in a future update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
I think that this would be an amazing feature. The keyboard for sms is decent but not as good as most phones currently out but i think that giving us an option to text with a horizontal keyboard changes that completely. We have more finger space and larger keys. This would give the iPhone almost a sidekick look. I would love it.

So, what do you think? Can it be done? Will it be done?

JimmyK

Nov 21, 2007
i hope so. Texting is great as it is but the option to choose will be nice. Everything looks better horizontal aswell.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
I thinking about making a petition for this. It seems that i am not alone in my want for this.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
yes, i think that we could use a texting update all together. Perhaps it could include the following. (in order of want, IMO)

1. Horizontal keyboard for texting.
2. Mms
3. Copy and paste
4. Ability to cancel messages being sent

What do you guys think? Wow, I would really love to see the horizontal texting though. You think Apple reads the forums? Haha.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Yeah we def need this...i just sent one of those request e-mails to Apple about this. I find that the current one works well but think a widescreen keyboard would be all kinds of awesome.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
there is a way to email Apple suggestions? Do you have a link,
cause I would also like to suggest this to them. I suggest everyone else in favor does this as well. Apple will notice.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
there is a way to email Apple suggestions? Do you have a link,
cause I would also like to suggest this to them. I suggest everyone else in favor does this as well. Apple will notice.
actually so many people have said that in this forum. I don't know if anyone actually listened to these people but some people have sent a request. Its not so much a form to request features, but its a form to send in any questions and comment about the iPhone. I've done this a couple times.

As for the update, everyday I am feeling more and more confident that very near christmas we will get a VERY good update as Apple's "present" to all us iPhone users. Every day brings new hope =]