Horrible Experience with AT&T

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 26, 2007
My good friend is the account owner of his own businesss account line for himself and his family as well as his partner and his family.
We were talking today about how he ended up activating his iPhone.
He told me about his horrible experience with ATT, i too had this experience, yet not as horrible.
As you may or may not know, in order to activate the iPhone, you cannot be on a businesss line, thereforee, you must transfer services.
He called many times about this and found out that so many people had been doing this, that it was cost free if switching to an iPhone.
When he got on the phone to do the transfer of services, he was informed that it was only free for the one line, and the others would cost $20 each, a total of 8 lines were on his plan, including the iPhone line. So he had to shell out 140 bucks simply to be able to activate. Then, he had to wait 72 hours as opposed to the normal 24 hours for a credit check upon transferring services. This is because he called at 3pm during the day, not leaving enough time to "process" the transfer.
And finally, with the new deal, comes a new 11 month contract, so his wifes phone, due for upgrade in january, can now not be upgraded for another 11 months.
Eventually, 72 hours and 140 dollars later, he did activate it, but it is agrivating that AT&T customer service is this bad on one of their hottest phones.
I too had to go through this process and it was painstaking, yet not enough to make me defer from getting the iPhone.
It really does not bode well with a loyal customer like me.

kgeier82

Sep 13, 2007
My good friend is the account owner of his own businesss account line for himself and his family as well as his partner and his family.
We were talking today about how he ended up activating his iPhone.
He told me about his horrible experience with ATT, i too had this experience, yet not as horrible.
As you may or may not know, in order to activate the iPhone, you cannot be on a businesss line, thereforee, you must transfer services.
He called many times about this and found out that so many people had been doing this, that it was cost free if switching to an iPhone.
When he got on the phone to do the transfer of services, he was informed that it was only free for the one line, and the others would cost $20 each, a total of 8 lines were on his plan, including the iPhone line. So he had to shell out 140 bucks simply to be able to activate. Then, he had to wait 72 hours as opposed to the normal 24 hours for a credit check upon transferring services. This is because he called at 3pm during the day, not leaving enough time to "process" the transfer.
And finally, with the new deal, comes a new 11 month contract, so his wifes phone, due for upgrade in january, can now not be upgraded for another 11 months.
Eventually, 72 hours and 140 dollars later, he did activate it, but it is agrivating that AT&T customer service is this bad on one of their hottest phones.
I too had to go through this process and it was painstaking, yet not enough to make me defer from getting the iPhone.
It really does not bode well with a loyal customer like me.

mine was semi-horrible too. i spent 1hr at least on the phone with att on why my new iPhone said it was activated, yet i was unable to make calls TO it. got some error code like "please try your call again later". no matter what phone i used to call it.

was not a good first day, ended up keeping it anyways.