Horrible signal!

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Hey all! I got a question for you: is there anyway of getting my SPRINT iPhone 4s to use either Verizon's towers or to use both Sprint and Verizon. I am JB

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hey all! I got a question for you: is there anyway of getting my SPRINT iPhone 4s to use either Verizon's towers or to use both Sprint and Verizon. I am JB
I'm not sure about using other companies towers, or both. However, for your signal issues, I would suggest to find better spots to make phone calls or texts. I think it's safe to say that we have all had dropped calls and bars dropping especially when driving. If you live in the mountain area, from experience I will say that being near a window or outside will definitely help your signal.

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Thanks for the advice. Actually the biggest issue I'm having is using Internet connected apps while at work because it is unbearably slow in fact it takes me over 5 minutes just to connect to Facebook while on my lunch break. I have heard of hacks on the htc devices but wasn't sure about ios and haven't found anything yet myself

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No I haven't tried that but I might give it a try though thanks for the suggestions
Not a problem at all. I hope that works. If not, maybe make sure you do not have any apps running when you're not using them. There is a jailbroken tweak you can install that you just press and it closes everything that is running. If that does not help, maybe contact Sprint for advice? It is sometimes common to have slow connections depending on where you are at. Is this a common reoccurrence for you, or only at work?

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
I work in Ocala Florida and yes my coverage is pretty bad here but Verizon has good services hence the tower question

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I work in Ocala Florida and yes my coverage is pretty bad here but Verizon has good services hence the tower question
You're about 6 hours from me. I'm in Pensacola, FL. I do notice a lot of times my bars are at 1 or none, but I can still make calls and texts. Have you thought about switching to Verizon?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am speaking to Sprint Support on the live chat to try and help you.

You: I am helping them through a forum, I don't know them personally. But here is a zip code I found for ocala. 34470
Paige S: Thank you
Paige S: Let me check this.
Paige S: I see that there is no reported outage and tell your friend to powercycle the phone and update the data profile of the phone.
You: It is an iPhone 4s. What do you mean data profile?
Paige S: Tell your friend to follow these steps:
Paige S: Type ##873283#
Paige S: Phone will process updates.
PRL
Software
Tap OK.

I have not heard of doing these steps. But she said it is for all iPhones.These steps may not work while jailbroken. I am not sure.