Horrible signal!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mi-Phone, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Hey all! I got a question for you: is there anyway of getting my SPRINT iPhone 4s to use either Verizon's towers or to use both Sprint and Verizon. I am JB

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure about using other companies towers, or both. However, for your signal issues, I would suggest to find better spots to make phone calls or texts. I think it's safe to say that we have all had dropped calls and bars dropping especially when driving. If you live in the mountain area, from experience I will say that being near a window or outside will definitely help your signal.

3. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the advice. Actually the biggest issue I'm having is using Internet connected apps while at work because it is unbearably slow in fact it takes me over 5 minutes just to connect to Facebook while on my lunch break. I have heard of hacks on the htc devices but wasn't sure about ios and haven't found anything yet myself

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That is very strange that it would take you over 5 minutes just to connect to Facebook. Have you tried a clean restore and then you can re jailbreak?

5. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

No I haven't tried that but I might give it a try though thanks for the suggestions

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not a problem at all. I hope that works. If not, maybe make sure you do not have any apps running when you're not using them. There is a jailbroken tweak you can install that you just press and it closes everything that is running. If that does not help, maybe contact Sprint for advice? It is sometimes common to have slow connections depending on where you are at. Is this a common reoccurrence for you, or only at work?

7. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Hmm, sometimes it happens anywhere. Mostly at work though

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you have wifi you can connect to at work? Where are you living, if I may ask? The signal may not be good in your area.

9. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

I work in Ocala Florida and yes my coverage is pretty bad here but Verizon has good services hence the tower question

10. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Oh and no there isn't wifi at my job

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're about 6 hours from me. I'm in Pensacola, FL. I do notice a lot of times my bars are at 1 or none, but I can still make calls and texts. Have you thought about switching to Verizon?

12. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Yeah I thought about switching but I have bad credit with them so it would cost a lot to do so.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I am speaking to Sprint Support on the live chat to try and help you.

You: I am helping them through a forum, I don't know them personally. But here is a zip code I found for ocala. 34470
    Paige S: Thank you
    Paige S: Let me check this.
    Paige S: I see that there is no reported outage and tell your friend to powercycle the phone and update the data profile of the phone.
    You: It is an iPhone 4s. What do you mean data profile?
    Paige S: Tell your friend to follow these steps:
    Paige S: Type ##873283#
    Paige S: Phone will process updates.
    PRL
    Software
    Tap OK.

I have not heard of doing these steps. But she said it is for all iPhones.These steps may not work while jailbroken. I am not sure.

14. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Wow thanks, I'll do that and hope it helps. Thanks again :)

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hope it helps. That was straight from Sprint support through the live chat on their website. :)

16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

i have tried this as per an Apple genius and it actually worked for me. They said it really depends on your location. Hopefully that works for you as well buddy.;)