Hosting my own Source for a bit :)

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Edit- This Source is now Offline. I will be moving to a new Source which will be posted shortly.

Howdy, by request I'll be hosting my own Installer Source to see how things fare with my host. Theres only a few things there at the moment, but I do plan on putting more things up over time. Mostly the stuff I've previously released, icons etc, but with an easier way to install them ;)

Note: All the hosted packages on my source are for 1.1.3 iPhones unless stated otherwise in the title and description.

Add this to your Sources:

Source Removed

Heres a short list of whats available now.

Leopard Theme for SummerBoard

PSPGirl aka Jess (Color and Dim)

NES Icon Replacement (Donkey Kong)

iAno Icon Replacement

iPhysFix999 - iPhysics Level fix for 1.1.3

Leopard SummerBoard Theme for 1.1.2

pspGirl Dim & Color SummerBoard Theme for 1.1.2

SB Colors: Slate, Black

HBO's Rome SummerBoard Wallpaper & Dock (dim)

Clean Springboard i.e. No Icons? Try Blank App

If you'd like to have a clean Springboard like the one pictured below, install Blank App. This blank app acts as a place holder so you can create what appears to be a blank page. Because it's "invisible" you'll have to tap around to find it at first, which is why I made a splash screen heh. If you're having trouble finding it, try tapping after the last icon on your springboard, or install another program after Blank App, so that the new app will show up after Blank app's invisible icon alerting you to it's location.

TTR Colors Theme

----

I'll be adding a VW theme next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Are these even yours?
Yes, he made them.

X, if I may ask, how did you go about getting your source on Installer? I'd like to do the same, but gophering around on how to do hasn't shown any results.

- John

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
X, if I may ask, how did you go about getting your source on Installer? I'd like to do the same, but gophering around on how to do hasn't shown any results.

- John
Before I started sleuthing around I thought I'd have a go at looking at the source of the modmyifone and polarbearfarm sources. After examining both for a while I started to see a pattern forming, and realized this is just a Plist renamed to XML.

If you're familiar with Plists, then you should be right at home here, all you're really doing is setting up keys and their strings.

Some important things to note is that Installer has a bit of a fail-safe, this took me about an hour to figure out, lol. This fail-safe is basically the byte size of your zip file, if the one you define in the Plist under <size> does not actually match the byte count of the zip file it downloads you'll receive an error in Installer, either a Download Failed! or a Main Script Execution Error! (or something along those lines). I recommend uploading your zip files, then using CyberDuck to "get info" on them, followed by copy and pasting the byte count from that popup window into your plist. Also, do not use a comma in your byte size value, it should just read a number like "118345".

Click the link on the Source thats listed above in Safari, then view the source code on the page it brings you to. You'll see my plist and the keys I set to get everything to work.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Yes, he made them.

- John
John -- There's a nice step by step guide over at MMI (that is, if you can get the page to even load...the load time on the site can be unbearable sometimes):

x666x -- cool source!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Thanks Enigmanic!

Also, I've just sorted out how to do more with installer and can now update files and then replace them with their originals if uninstalled. That said, I've added a new iAno and NES icon to the source :) I've got a few more NES icons to put up with different themes, but thought I'd start off with Donkey Kong :)

Your stock icons are backed up, and then restored when you decide to uninstall any of the icons hosted on my source.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
x666x,
I love all the icons you've made so far (I currently use your iAno and TTR ones). You should definitely put more up on your source. I've been looking for better ones to replace Domino and PockeyMoney. (I hate it when the default icons arent square...it totally messes up my theme).

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Thanks again Enigmanic,

And I totally agree on preferring the icons to stick to square shapes, the uniformity just goes in line with the clean aesthetics of the phone imho.

As for the other icons, I've moved to a different computer from when I first made most of the icons I did, so I'll be posting what I can find as I dig it up off the other machine.

I've got a Final Fantasy themed icon for NES on the way, as well as the TTR theme/icons from a while back also.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
x666x - thanks for the theme and blank app icon. I learned how to use WinSCP and Putty trying to add these before you added them the installer app. Now I know how to add and move files around thatnks to you.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
x666x - thanks for the theme and blank app icon. I learned how to use WinSCP and Putty trying to add these before you added them the installer app. Now I know how to add and move files around thatnks to you.
No prob, glad to have helped, its how I learned originally too, from someone on these boards!

I've also just posted my Simon Garf theme :) Its a combination of a now defunct Mac application and my own lit-up graphics to adapt it to garf.

Refresh your sources :)

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Nice Work!

Thank you for doing this. I added your source to my installer list but I don't see any of your apps. I'd like to add the Leopard Theme and the Blank App. Any ideas as to why? I double checked the name typed in and refreshed the sources. No luck...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Could you please try it again? I just updated the source and I'm afraid it might have affected your Refresh.

I've just added iPhysFix999, which will get your iPhysics levels working in 1.1.3 if you're not comfortable with manually fixing it using Terminal :)

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Thank you but it is still not working. Another thing I noticed is tthat the sources list has your source under the "Uncategorized" list.

I will try to refresh again at another time. If it still does not work, then I don't see anything else I can do. Oh well, thanks again.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Thank you but it is still not working. Another thing I noticed is tthat the sources list has your source under the "Uncategorized" list.

I will try to refresh again at another time. If it still does not work, then I don't see anything else I can do. Oh well, thanks again.
I've just uninstalled all my packages, deleted the source from my Installer, rebooted, and then added my source again and everything shows up just fine... I'm stumped.

Could it be that you're letting auto correction capitalize the letters for you? The Installer Source URL is case sensitive on my server, and if you don't enter it entirely in lowercases, http://dezign999.com/iPhone/index.xml , then it won't show up because http://dezign999.com/iPhone/index.XMLdoes not exist on my server.

Hope that helps.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
That was it! I see it now.

I didn't wanna ask a seemingly dumb question like is it case sensitive! Sorry for the confusion and the hassle. Damn, I feel like an IDIOT!

THANKS!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
That was it! I see it now.

I didn't wanna ask a seemingly dumb question like is it case sensitive! Sorry for the confusion and the hassle. Damn, I feel like an IDIOT!

THANKS!
Thanks for posting, I've fixed my first post to reflect the case sensitivity. I didn't realize this until you posted!

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Cool.

Here's another one:

The Leopard999 theme does not show up in my Summerboard after I installed it. Nor does the Blank App do anything. Can it be that they only work with 1.1.3 phones? I ask because there are 2 Summerboards out on installer (old and new) and so I have the old one.

Anyone else having these issue?