Hosting my own Source for a bit :)

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
@ x666x

i was wondering as well about the customize fix. if i could track down a good looking idea for a fix would you be willing to try and post it at your source again? i actually have a couple of friends with this same problem...

I also have added your source lastnight and since had time to look through and play with some of your themes and wanted to say Thanks..

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
@ x666x

i was wondering as well about the customize fix. if i could track down a good looking idea for a fix would you be willing to try and post it at your source again? i actually have a couple of friends with this same problem...

I also have added your source lastnight and since had time to look through and play with some of your themes and wanted to say Thanks..
Sure, I can host them for you. I'd feel safer making a "Beta" source for you guys to test. I'd really hate to steer people wrong with what they think may be a fix, but it doesn't work as intended because its still getting the kinks worked out-sort-of-thing.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the source, aside from the Simon Garf theme, theres not much new, this is really just a compilation of stuff I've done in the past for the scene. I've just finally gotten off my bottom and learned how to make it easier to share thanks to installer.

I suppose my next project is to actually make "More Info" pages for all the install files that are available, lol. Right now they just goto a place holder.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Sure, I can host them for you. I'd feel safer making a "Beta" source for you guys to test. I'd really hate to steer people wrong with what they think may be a fix, but it doesn't work as intended because its still getting the kinks worked out-sort-of-thing.

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the source, aside from the Simon Garf theme, theres not much new, this is really just a compilation of stuff I've done in the past for the scene. I've just finally gotten off my bottom and learned how to make it easier to share thanks to installer.

I suppose my next project is to actually make "More Info" pages for all the install files that are available, lol. Right now they just goto a place holder.

i would greatly appriciate it. it makes me feel more comfortable to know that the guy im downloading a tester or bete app from is on the other end of a thread and i can quickly ask a question or just simply to say " hey it didn't work" lol either way im still on the customize case and will deffinatly shoot you a post if i come up with anything promising.

thanks again

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
FYI,
I get a "main scrip execution failed error" when trying to install the PSPGirl for 1.1.2 on my 1.1.2 phone. The dim version installed fine though.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
FYI,
I get a "main scrip execution failed error" when trying to install the PSPGirl for 1.1.2 on my 1.1.2 phone. The dim version installed fine though.
Thanks, I've taken the code from the Dim version and edited it for the Color version. I've posted the latest XML and this should work for you now once you've refreshed your sources.

Ultimately I think what I'm going to have to end up doing is more scripting to detect what firmware you're on, and then determine where to install. That will keep my XML a lot smaller and make for faster refreshes in the end. I've just been a bit lazy to be honest, and have been copy/pasting the 1.1.3 install scripts and swapping out their names and install locations for 1.1.2.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hey x666x - I like the Leopard theme quite a bit too. Can you point me at your first thread on doing the blank screen thing? The one with the VW theme etc. - have searched but to no avail so far ...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Hey x666x - I like the Leopard theme quite a bit too. Can you point me at your first thread on doing the blank screen thing? The one with the VW theme etc. - have searched but to no avail so far ...
Hi, was there something specific you were looking for, like the VW theme or instructions on how to use the blank app?

I haven't posted the VW Theme yet, but I will tonight after I get home from the airport.

I've also looked at my thread which covers the Blank app, but it only explains how to create a blank app out of an existing web app, which is more trouble than its worth since moving Blank .app to my Installer Source.

Give me some specifics and I'll point ya in the right direction.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i like how what i installed the garf theme it changed the icon on my spingboard, i was looking for a new one...but do u think u can make a iZoo icon ? mabe one that looks like bejeweled ?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
i like how what i installed the garf theme it changed the icon on my spingboard, i was looking for a new one...but do u think u can make a iZoo icon ? mabe one that looks like bejeweled ?
Haha, I forgot about that. Hope nobody is too attached to the default Garf icon ;) It gets put back to the original if you uninstall my theme tho so it's all good.

On the topic of iZoo, you know I'm thinking of just doing the same icon replacement with that app too lol. I was gonna make my own, but I found this one online and I think it works well enough as is:

I should have the script up later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Haha, I forgot about that. Hope nobody is too attached to the default Garf icon ;) It gets put back to the original if you uninstall my theme tho so it's all good.

On the topic of iZoo, you know I'm thinking of just doing the same icon replacement with that app too lol. I was gonna make my own, but I found this one online and I think it works well enough as is:

I should have the script up later tonight.
lol after this i tryed to make my own (post below this or so) but that one looks better thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hi, was there something specific you were looking for, like the VW theme or instructions on how to use the blank app?

I haven't posted the VW Theme yet, but I will tonight after I get home from the airport.

I've also looked at my thread which covers the Blank app, but it only explains how to create a blank app out of an existing web app, which is more trouble than its worth since moving Blank .app to my Installer Source.

Give me some specifics and I'll point ya in the right direction.
I'll PM you in a sec - think no need anymore - want to suggest using that method to show off some quite nice wallpapers ...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I'll PM you in a sec - think no need anymore - want to suggest using that method to show off some quite nice wallpapers ...
I just PM'd you back and realized if you'd like to share some of these yourself I could go over the Installer Source xml with you and get you up and running with your own source.

It may compliment what you're doing with the Wallpapers, as I've just realized I could upload a wallpaper and thumbnail directly to /Library/Wallpaper/ and have them show up in the Stock Wallpaper menu in General Settings.

I'm going to be putting a couple wallpapers up on my source using this method when I get back from the airport later this evening. Send me another PM if you want my source XML to go off of.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Alright folks, I want to first thank everyone who helped out and offered suggestions with my first source. Unfortunately its time to bring her down, but don't worry I'm replacing it with a new and better one :)

I will be making an announcement regarding the new source on my main account x999x, which will make this my last post on x666x for a while, who knows?

Stay Tuned -

Note to Existing Source Users
When my new source is announced, I highly recommend you uninstall all the files from this source before you install similar packages from my new source.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thanks x666x I'll be looking forward to seeing your new source.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Do you already have hosting?
Yeah, I just totally forgot I didn't add some new wallpapers to the Source XML after I posted. lol!

I got the "More Info" pages done and got so excited I posted thinking I could take it Live already...

Welp, got one more wallpaper to code and then test and then I'll have a new Source URL to post shortly :)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Oh well I said that hoping you'd say no then I'd say this:

I just got the free hosting that had the apps4iPhone.net domain already attached and you being hosted on my site would make me one hell of a happy soul.

07fa4drSi

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
hard time adding source :-(

trying to add x666x as a source I really wanna play Ttr and the other games I dl'd iphysics from installer but can't find those games. Help please