Hotmail mail?

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
You know the 'Mail' application that came with the phone? It has the Gmail option, Yahoo, mobileme, AOL and then other. Well I was wondering if it possible to link it up to your hotmail account as lets face it, hotmail is more popular than yahoo, aol and mobile me. Help would be appreciated.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
If you have the Hotmail Plus account, then you can do it, some way. Otherwise, the only thing to do is "try" and have your hotmail forwarded to another account that the iPhone supports.

I opened a gmail account for this exact reason.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I am honestly not sure how it works. As i said, I got a gmail account because of this issue.

Everybody has that email address now.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
It's not Apple. My friend has a Blackberry and she can't get her emails either. She also opened a gmail account cause she couldnt get them on her BB.

Everybody is so quick to blame Apple. Sometimes, and in this case, it's Hotmail.

I would just set up a gmail account and have it forwarded. Gmail owns everything else anyways. Ive got 7 gb's of storage for messages right now. Its not like i will ever use it all, but its nice to have.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
A free Hotmail account does not support POP3. So blame Microsoft. Not Apple. So, you'll need to upgrade your Hotmail account to do it.

I have a Hotmail account, but I jumped ship a long time ago and made my primary email address a Gmail account. I also have Yahoo, but I still like my Gmail better.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
how do i set it up so my emails from hotmail get forwarded to my gmail account?

Dec 4, 2007
izymail

Use izymail at www.izymail.com it works perfectly with my wife's iPhone, use either POP3 or IMAP. IMAP works much better than POP3 in my opinion.