hotmail on iPhone

ttatpdt

Jul 22, 2007
Can't seem to find any info on how to access hotmail acco**** on iPhone. MS nor Apple Store staff are being terribly helpful on this. There seem to be a few windows fixes around. Any on the OSX v. 10.4.10 side?
Thanks,
TT

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Can't seem to find any info on how to access hotmail acco**** on iPhone. MS nor Apple Store staff are being terribly helpful on this. There seem to be a few windows fixes around. Any on the OSX v. 10.4.10 side?
Thanks,
TT
i asked about the same thing and i was told no can do! stinks

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
AFAIK, Hotmail stopped giving away pop3 access to its servers—unless you subscribe to its premium service—so you can't use the iPhone's mail application to receive mail.

I'm assuming Safari on the iPhone doesn't work? (I stopped use hotmail ages ago.) Yahoo or Gmail are both free and support external access.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
yeah it works. Its easy to check if your in a wifi spot but can take a lil while if your on egde but none the less u can check it. It just would be easier if u can get in the mail app but o well.

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
I think he meant...

yeah it works. Its easy to check if your in a wifi spot but can take a lil while if your on egde but none the less u can check it. It just would be easier if u can get in the mail app but o well.
Using the mail app and not going through the web with Safari... and with a free hotmail account at that...

ttatpdt

Jul 22, 2007
more on synching hotmail

i asked about the same thing and i was told no can do! stinks
Thanks for everyone's responses. After trolling the Apple & Microsoft sites, it was confirmed that I can upgrade my hotmail account to a Window's Live account ($20/year), confirming what someone had posted. When I tried doing that, I got a prompt to the effect that I needed Internet Explorer 7 & asked what kind of Windows opeating system I was using to download the upgrade. Might anyone know what type of Windows operating system I should choose that would work w/ my OSX v. 10.4.10? Also tried doing the same thing from a Window's machine (office machine rather than personal mac) & I just got hours of the hour glass.

Dropping my hotmail account occurred to me, but many many many things are attached to it.

Thanks again,
TT

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Can you forward the mail?

I went to the site and still can not tell if you can forward the free hotmail to say a google account... does anyone know? Thanks.

ttatpdt

Jul 22, 2007
I went to the site and still can not tell if you can forward the free hotmail to say a google account... does anyone know? Thanks.
I looked for that option as well from my hotmail account & couldn't find the answer.

M

MChance000

Thanks for everyone's responses. After trolling the Apple & Microsoft sites, it was confirmed that I can upgrade my hotmail account to a Window's Live account ($20/year), confirming what someone had posted. When I tried doing that, I got a prompt to the effect that I needed Internet Explorer 7 & asked what kind of Windows opeating system I was using to download the upgrade. Might anyone know what type of Windows operating system I should choose that would work w/ my OSX v. 10.4.10? Also tried doing the same thing from a Window's machine (office machine rather than personal mac) & I just got hours of the hour glass.

Dropping my hotmail account occurred to me, but many many many things are attached to it.

Thanks again,
TT

If you would like to use your Hotmail account on your iPhone, here is a link that explains the steps nicely. Basically, you must use a (free) service like izymail to provide the access. This does require you register at izymail, giving them your password and account, then follow the instructions on this link. http://email.about.com/od/iPhonemail/qt/et_get_hotmail.htm. Although when you register at izymail you will get the message that your account is active, it takes a few minutes to become available so wait before following the iPhone instructions. Do note also that it is important that you follow the additional instructions under "advanced". The advanced button does not appear until you save, exit and re-enter the account setup. Be patient, it takes some time for items to appear.

MChance000

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007

Thanks again,
TT

Don't be slave of your email
brake free many many free pop email ( gmail..Yahoo....
So jump !
You already wasted time
that you could have used to inform people or services of your new email address