Hotmail Question...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I'm having problems with Hotmail and wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem. Now I know you can't sync your Hotmail with the Mail feature on the iPhone, which I think is stupid, but I've accepted that. I decided to just use Safari to manually go to Hotmail.com and login like I would using any other browser. I used to have no problem doing that, but all of a sudden it won't allow me to login. I would type in my user name & pw, and it would just continue to take me back to the login page and ask for my pw. Is this a common problem or is there something wrong with my phone?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Probably not. Hotmail service is 'variable'. That's about as kind as I can be. It's extremely bad value for no money in my opinion.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I'm having problems with Hotmail and wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem. Now I know you can't sync your Hotmail with the Mail feature on the iPhone, which I think is stupid, but I've accepted that. I decided to just use Safari to manually go to Hotmail.com and login like I would using any other browser. I used to have no problem doing that, but all of a sudden it won't allow me to login. I would type in my user name & pw, and it would just continue to take me back to the login page and ask for my pw. Is this a common problem or is there something wrong with my phone?
I've had the same problem over the past few days. But this morning it seemed to work well.

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Found a solution... Boycott....

What a pain in the ass, but I finally decided to switch to Yahoo Mail. I'm permantenly boycotting Hotmail. I would highly advise it if you have an iPhone, it only takes about an hour to send out mass emails and switch account info on my online finances. You can now easily access email via Yahoo...

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I had the same problem recently, and it cured itself the next day somehow. I don't have an answer as to why it happens, but you're not the only one it happens to.

I wonder if a phone reset might help? I didn't think of it when I had the problem...

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I had the same problem recently, and it cured itself the next day somehow. I don't have an answer as to why it happens, but you're not the only one it happens to.

I wonder if a phone reset might help? I didn't think of it when I had the problem...
I tried doing a reset and it didn't work. It's sort of frustrating, you pay so much for a phone and pay an extra monthly service, and you can't even access your email. I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to just go through the mundane task of switching to Yahoo.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Is your iPhone by chance making the first letter of your password a capitol letter, when it should be lower case? I had this problem on another site and it drove me crazy until, I figured out what was going on. Also if I were going to switch email providers, I would use Gmail instead of Yahoo. To much spam through Yahoo. I have not gotten one spam email, since switching to gmail from MSN, seven months ago. Also if you are just a diehard MSN mail fan, you can configure your iPhone for MSN mail downloads through Izzymail. M

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Is your iPhone by chance making the first letter of your password a capitol letter, when it should be lower case? I had this problem on another site and it drove me crazy until, I figured out what was going on. Also if I were going to switch email providers, I would use Gmail instead of Yahoo. To much spam through Yahoo. I have not gotten one spam email, since switching to gmail from MSN, seven months ago. Also if you are just a diehard MSN mail fan, you can configure your iPhone for MSN mail downloads through Izzymail. M
Good suggestion, I actually do have a gmail account separately, and I love their chat feature. GMail is definitley great in protecting you from spam, but I don't like how the mail is sorted. I guess I'm old fashioned and like to use folders, I'm a visual guy. Gmail does rock though...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Good suggestion, I actually do have a gmail account separately, and I love their chat feature. GMail is definitley great in protecting you from spam, but I don't like how the mail is sorted. I guess I'm old fashioned and like to use folders, I'm a visual guy. Gmail does rock though...
Do you use the new IMAP Gmail instead of the POP3 ? Plenty of folders, with the (Free) IMAP account. You are right, Gmail does rock. Gotta love Google, for all their free offerings. M

Jan 6, 2008
Easy Hotmail Login

Just login via MSN Mobile and it will save your login name, password, etc., and you can leave this page open in Safari for quick & easy access. http://mobile.live.com.